6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to be mixed feelings about running handguns suppressed.

Anyone here run a pistol suppressed ?

What caliber(s) ?

What suppressor ?

Any regrets, lessons learned or would you do it again ?

Feel free to post your comments.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I run .22 suppressed with a Silencerco Sparrow on my 1911 and also a glock with aftermarket barrel slides. Absolutely no problems and a blast to shoot. On a Glock 19 I had to get a booster to get it an Octane to work the slide properly. Both are totally hearing safe.

Suppressors make the pistols a little awkward with the front so heavy. Sight picture can be a problem with the can in the way. My only regret in not buying more.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I run a Glock 20 10mm with a Silencer Co Hybrid. A little front heavy, but very pleasant to shoot. My sights are not tall enough so that creates a hassle, but the low profile laser on the rail clears the suppressor nicely and provides a good aiming point. It's my wife's gun, so I can't change out the Tru Glo TFO sights unless I can find some in a high profile (not sure if they make them in that model).

I also have a couple .22 LR pistols (Ruger SR22 and Browning Buckmark) that I like to shoot with suppressor. The browning is accurate enough to hunt with, and the Ruger is super fun.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hot 9mm with a trident suppressor and the buffer attachment. It only short cycles with weaker subsonic loads if I dont do my part.

I've never had an issue with reliability using factory pistols as long as the ammunition was loaded properly. They get dirty quick though - don't forget eye pro!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have an Octane45 and Spectre II that I run on multiple hosts.

Octane45 goes on my M&P9, 1911 and my AR9. You will need the piston for the pistols and the fixed spacer for the AR9.

Specter II goes on all my 22lr hosts which is a little GSG 1911 replica and my S&W 15-22.

I can't see the target over the suppressor on my pistols but it is a blast to shoot. I do okay with just lining the sights up on the target through the suppressor body but when I shoot suppressed I am not looking for dime sized groupings.

It is a whole other story on the AR9. When shooting 147gr subs it is Hollywood quiet and I love it. My can mostly stays on the AR9 now but I will break out the pistols to play with once in awhile.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I have an Omega 9K I run on my Scorpion Evo. It’s a lot of fun to shoot and eventually will get a threaded barrel for my G19 and run it on it as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Griffin Optimus Micro on 22lr and smaller, and a full size Optimus on 9mm. I really like the versatility of this configuration. The suppressor to have if you could only have one is the full size in my opinion. Fits everything from rimfire to 300 magnums, and can be configured in short stack for 9mm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Dead Air Odessa and a Wolf 9SD. The Odessa is shot on a couple glocks I have with threaded barrels. The Odessa is awesome, cause you can shorten or lengthen it and it is small enough to not need taller sights. I run it with a TRex arms suppressor holster. It is a little different to run it with one. But, it is hearing safe and fun to shoot.

The Wold 9SD is made for sub-guns mainly. It goes back and forth between a CMMG Guard 9 and a SIG MPX. That is one damn quiet can. I have shot it so much that you start to get annoyed with the sound of the action and bolt going back and forth, haha.

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
Silencerco Spectre II on Smith and Wesson M&P Compact 22 works great, balances nicely and very accurate. So quiet with subs it makes a grown man giggle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
SigSauer SRD9 on a CZP09
DeadAir Odessa 9 with 5 baffles on a G19
DeadAir Ghost45 (short config) on a CZ 75sp01
DeadAir Ghost45 (pending)
GemTech GM45 on a Kimber1911
SiCo Maxim9 (pending)
S&W Victory22 with a number of different rimfire cans

IMO the CZ 75 series of pistols are my favorite pistol suppressor host, very quiet, and still just as reliable, the FNX45 is also a great suppressor host. A suppressed 22 is just plain old fun to shoot. My suppressed handguns are more are less just range toys. My CZ 75sp01 is set up as a night stand gun, with a weapons light.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Griffin Armament Optimus on all my rifles, and my FN FNSc 9mm
Griggin Armament Resistance 22m on 10/22 takedown and Ruger Mk4 .22

One problem with running suppressed.... I want more cans! They take too long in jail is my only gripe!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Running a SAS on 45s. Wish I had gotten a 9mm now instead, and spent the money on an integral .22 Ruger Mark 3
than messing with the .45.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts