6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have one of those cool YHM flip front sight towers (bolt on) and was wondering how could it be pinned on or secured so it CANT move ? ALSO i have a MI low profile gas block(set screw) on my 18" 6.8 ,can this be pinnes as well? or what are my options for SECURING these gas blocks?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Does your barrel have a dimple for a set screw? My Denny's did, and I scrounged up a setscrew that I was able to install (after tapping an existing drilled hole in the gas block)...much more solid now.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
infidel\crusader said:
i have one of those cool YHM flip front sight towers (bolt on) and was wondering how could it be pinned on or secured so it CANT move ? ALSO i have a MI low profile gas block(set screw) on my 18" 6.8 ,can this be pinnes as well? or what are my options for SECURING these gas blocks?
Yes, on top in the front for the YHM. And yes for the MI. The MI you can pin on the top or bottom.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I know that this is off the topic, but I just bought a YHM low profile gas block (the short version). None of the gun shops where I live carry gas blocks so I have never seen one in person, and I'm pretty new to owning & shooting ARs. My quesion is, on this gas block, where the gas tube goes in, the block is drilled hollow all the way through to the other side. I just wanted to make sure that this is normal or not before I contacted Bravo Company about this.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah that is normal from left to right , it is for the gas tube retaining pin. now if it is above the barrel where gas tube enters and that goes all the way through then you moght have a problem. your gas tube should go in ths hole and STOP, then the other hole should line up to where you put the retaining pin in. that help?

·
Registered
858 Posts
The hole that runs parellel to the barrel hole (right above it) is the one that is completely hollow. I've never seen a gas tube by itself, but someone told me that the gas tube is completely sealed off at the other end. If that is the case, then I doubt I will have a problem. Otherwise, I think it would need to be replaced.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm....you might wanna shoot an email to B co. and see if that is standard. i have never seen one run all the way through. ?so you can see through it (daylight on the othere side?)? i dont see how that could be good.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I already sent an email to YHM to find out if this is normal on all their (short version) low pro gas blocks. If they say it is not, then I will be contacting Br.Com. for a replacement.

Eta: Bravo Co. just replied to my email and said that full length hole is completely normal for the YHM short low profile gas blocks, and for several other brands as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts