21,648 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Click on the thumbnail pics.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
So what is the point of this post? Why has the OP edited the post taking out the phrase ''tell me what you think''?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what is the point of this post? Why has the OP edited the post taking out the phrase ''tell me what you think''?
in the introduction section I had started talking about my new build, and one of the questions was could I post pictures of bolt in ejection port

felt like my hello post was going off track and thought this would be a better place for the pictures

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
in the introduction section I had started talking about my new build, and one of the questions was could I post pictures of bolt in ejection port

felt like my hello post was going off track and thought this would be a better place for the pictures
Is there something wrong with your bolt?

·
Super Moderator
21,648 Posts

Suggestion, detail your concerns here in this thread, instead of implying that we jump from this thread... go hunt for the other thread, read what's there... find this thread again to post a reply. :a02:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
He also bought one of the AIM Surplus BCG's and was having stove pipe cycling issues. Since you have first hand experience with the same issue could you explain the fix. I know it was with the ejector spring and extractor most likely out of spec but didn't want to miss anything.

·
Super Moderator
21,648 Posts
Is your bolt installed 180 degrees off? Is the extractor nearest the ejection port, or on the inboard side? Extractor claw should be nearest the ejection port, the ejector pin should be on the inboard side.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Is your bolt installed 180 degrees off? Is the extractor nearest the ejection port, or on the inboard side? Extractor claw should be nearest the ejection port, the ejector pin should be on the inboard side.
I asked the same question in the other thread as well but was also curious if maybe the cam pin bore was possibly out of timing. I think he is the fourth person so far that is having the same issues with the AIM BCG's. Pretty sure though TBREADY said the issue with his was the ejector spring and extractor were out of spec.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I'll measure the cam pin bore and compare it to a quality carrier tonight after work and let ya'll know. AIM dropped the ball on this latest batch of BCG's.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I'll measure the cam pin bore and compare it to a quality carrier tonight after work and let ya'll know. AIM dropped the ball on this latest batch of BCG's.
Can you elaborate?

I bought a few from them and will need to review/test them. WHEN they started having BCG issues as well as what BCG calibers and what issues.

·
Banned
2,453 Posts
about 6 weeks ago i bought an AIM NIB 308 BCG. first outing had a couple of light hit misfires. cleaned everything, 2nd outing had even more misfires and the brass having ejector swipes and deep extractor gouges in the edge rim. brought it home cleaned and removed several (more than 10) brass flakes from the bolt face, lug faces, and the chamber. removed the extractor and it had 2 O-rings. removed one of them and will try again, hopefully it will work, NIB is sooooo much easier to clean

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
AIM carrier looks to be the same compared next to a BCM carrier and measurements compared. The extractor claw and ejector spring were the only issues I had.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I bought an AIM NIB 5.56 bolt about 6 weeks ago, and it works fine.

I took it apart to find an ID #, or some way to identify production date. Only thing I could find is an "O" on the extractor.

Trying to help figure out when the defective BCG's were produced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tried it again

tried again after upgrading extractor spring and ejector spring, same thing
then I bought a stag bolt and she runs like a swiss watch

hopefully it is not to late to return

right here, right now it is 30 days

any one ever return to aim?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
tried again after upgrading extractor spring and ejector spring, same thing
then I bought a stag bolt and she runs like a swiss watch

hopefully it is not to late to return

right here, right now it is 30 days

any one ever return to aim?
It's the extractor claw that is out of spec not the spring.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts