6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone use the new Samsung "pay" app ---it only works on Samsung 6 & 7 variants as far as I can tell---I'm wondering if its going to be expanded to other phones and brands of phones in the future, or if every manufacture is going to come up with their own version exclusive to their brand only (apple I-pay, Samsung pay, etc)

·
Super Moderator
12,228 Posts
I use quick pay from Quicken. The app will work on any brand phone. Not sure if it is the same though. This is for swiping cards.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use quick pay from Quicken. The app will work on any brand phone. Not sure if it is the same though. This is for swiping cards.
how does that one work? I searched it in the play store and can't seem to find it----does it work at any card swipe machine? or does the vendor have to have a special card reader like the I-pay?

·
Super Moderator
12,228 Posts
how does that one work? I searched it in the play store and can't seem to find it----does it work at any card swipe machine? or does the vendor have to have a special card reader like the I-pay?
I guess I misunderstood what you were looking for. Quickpay is for a vendor to be able to swipe cards and collect payments.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I misunderstood what you were looking for. Quickpay is for a vendor to be able to swipe cards and collect payments.
got ya---- I was looking at the "pay at the machine" type of apps for android phones

with Samsung pay you can load CC's, atm cards, gift cards, and rewards cards on your phone--- then pay at the merchants card swipe machine without ever releasing your CC to the vendors grubby hands----seems very secure as the vendor never sees or handles the actual CC so no "card skimmers" or pictures of the card---its all done electronically--each transaction has a dedicated individual authorization code so no one can steal the 3 digit on the back of the card---- the app is locked with a fingerprint and authorization secret code so if your phone is lost it's very hard to access( but nothing is 100% secure)----claims to work on over 90% of all credit card machines out there already so no need for merchants to upgrade their card readers to special "chip readers" or I-pay machines

seems pretty secure compared to some other forms of payment--no need to carry a CC in your wallet or worry about card skimmers or someone seeing your secret ATM PIN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts