6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not trying to start a war, just wondering which you would use on Whitetails in Wisconsin, I have both and I know shot placement is critical, but which is the best for a drop in there tracks placement. The normal size doe is approx. 130 and up , the average buck is 150 and UP!
thank you
gary

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have always been short on money my whole life, but I don't skimp on good ammo. Most people don't put two boxes of shells through their gun a season. What are we talking about 14 dollars a box more? for a little peace of mind. It's not that the PH won't work.......it's just that the accubond will work better. Do you really want to look through you scope at that once-in-a-life-time buck.........and think.............I wonder if saving .70 cents on this bullet was the smart thing to do?
Go with the Accubond. I've seen your deer.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
I think the Pro Hunters are a great round for deer, the accubonds will hold up better if you hit the shoulder or for heavier game such as pigs or bear but there is no reason why the pro hunter wouldnt work on a deer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I shot 3 deer this week with accubonds.....performance was amazing. I had an exit wound the size of a golf ball using the 110 accubonds out of my 6.8. Weight retention was excellent, did not see any evidence of secondary exit wounds due to fragmentation.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Being from central Minnesota, I think our deer are about the same stature... After today I'm a FIRM believer in the 110 grain Pro Hunter!! Check out my thread... "SBR takes DOE" in this forum. :mrgreen: With the Accubonds, I "may" have had an exit wound. The PH expelled ALL it's energy in the body cavity and that doe dropped where she stood!! DRT baby!! :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts