6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I mounted my new Redfield on a set of Leupold peep rings I had laying around. I also want to have some BUIS on this rig but obviously normal back up sights are too tall to be seen through the scope peep rings. Does anyone make a super-low set of back up sights? They would have to be pretty close to the rail when deployed (or just fixed, they wouldn't have to flip up). I'm trying to keep this gun as ambi as possible since one of the boys is a lefty.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Troy Micro BUIS are the shortest AR sights I know of. Ghost ring sights meant for an AK or shotgun will mount to picatinny rails and they will be very short. There are 45 degree offset BUIS available.

·
Registered
841 Posts
A set of 45 degree offset sights would probably be the easiest solution.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think the OP is looking for sights that when deployed are just above barrel height ala a bolt gun. Then look through the scope rings at the target. But as mentioned above, the 45 degree offset sights are probably the easist solution, and if that is not acceptable you will have to fab something else for your specific use.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Magpul sights are on sale at PA this weekend for $129. Best price I've seen. I ordered a set for my 6.8 with a Vortex 4-12

1 - 7 of 7 Posts