6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Palmetto State Armory has current stock of the Federal Speer Gold Dot 6.8mm SPC 90gr Bonded Soft Point 20rds XM68GD @ $12.99/20. These are NOT factory seconds like those being sold elsewhere.

I bought 1000 rounds for SHTF SD storage, and they apparently still have plenty in stock. Hard to find, but Palmetto's got'em! http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/review/product/list/id/13720/category/63/

Federal XM68GD features a bonded 90gr soft point projectile that penetrates with great weight retention, perfect for hunting.

•Caliber: 6.8 SPC
•Bullet Style: 90 Grain, Bonded Soft Point (Gold Dot)
•Case Type: New Brass
•Muzzle Velocity: 2,604fps
•Muzzle Energy: 1,355 ft/lbs
•Quantity: 20/Box

They are also still running the Federal American Eagle 115gr FMJ rounds for $9.99/20. I have a thousand of those as well. Great plinker and extremely accurate out of my 18" Rec7 GenII out to 300yds.

Palmetto's specials on ammo seem to always be really good!

Cheers,
Frank

·
Registered
89 Posts
I ordered 200 rounds of the Gold Dots. They surprisingly were shipped out the next day and I got them two days later. Usually in the past, PSA is rather slow in their shipping. Great price though, wish I could afford to get more.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
How do you know they are not seconds? I thought all xm ammo produced was 2 nds or overruns?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trash away! The more the merrier!

·
Registered
71 Posts
How do you know they are not seconds? I thought all xm ammo produced was 2 nds or overruns?
The XM68GD sold on gunbroker by one of our site sponsors is clearly marked on both the sealed case and each box "Factory Seconds". They were represented as such in the GB ad and were $12/box ($300/case).

My previous purchase of GD's from Ventura Munitions had no such stamps.

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
The stated velocity is 2604 fps, is this about right or are people seeing higher velocities?

The reason I ask is that a 55 gr 5.56 running at 3250 fps is 1290 FPE and this 90 gr at 2604 is only generating 1355 FPE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts