6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get some feedback/info on the OSS HX-QD 762 Suppressor. Does anyone here use one or have any experience with one? From what I have read/watched so far it seems people either love OSS Suppressors or hate them, but a lot of what I read seemed to be based on their older models. I am not really interested in feedback on any of their older models, just the latest generation HX-QD version.

I like the concept of the flow-through design, reduction in blowback, etc. as it would be used solely on my AR-style gas guns, primarily 6.8 and .308.

Is the benefit of the flow-through design that significant, or would it be possible to achieve a similar reduction in blowback with a traditional baffle-style suppressor and an adjustable gas block?

I am moving from Illinois (thankfully) next spring and have learned (also thankfully) that I should be able to start this process now as I already have a residence and everything already set-up in my new state. As far as baffled suppressors go I am leaning toward the Dead Air Sandman-S, but would like to get a better handle on the pros/cons of traditional baffled vs. the latest generation of OSS flow-through suppressors.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I am trying to get some feedback/info on the OSS HX-QD 762 Suppressor. Does anyone here use one or have any experience with one? From what I have read/watched so far it seems people either love OSS Suppressors or hate them, but a lot of what I read seemed to be based on their older models. I am not really interested in feedback on any of their older models, just the latest generation HX-QD version.

I like the concept of the flow-through design, reduction in blowback, etc. as it would be used solely on my AR-style gas guns, primarily 6.8 and .308.

Is the benefit of the flow-through design that significant, or would it be possible to achieve a similar reduction in blowback with a traditional baffle-style suppressor and an adjustable gas block?

I am moving from Illinois (thankfully) next spring and have learned (also thankfully) that I should be able to start this process now as I already have a residence and everything already set-up in my new state. As far as baffled suppressors go I am leaning toward the Dead Air Sandman-S, but would like to get a better handle on the pros/cons of traditional baffled vs. the latest generation of OSS flow-through suppressors.
I will in a few months (March and April 2020), I have two 7.62 hx-qd in lock up. I currently have a Wilson combat 7.62 can. Pretty compact, only adds about 4.5” to the overall length. The next one I will get out of lock is going to be the trash panda (October/November). I plan on putting that one my 12.5 6.8 and moving the Wilson over to my 308 bolt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will in a few months (March and April 2020), I have two 7.62 hx-qd in lock up. I currently have a Wilson combat 7.62 can. Pretty compact, only adds about 4.5” to the overall length. The next one I will get out of lock is going to be the trash panda (October/November). I plan on putting that one my 12.5 6.8 and moving the Wilson over to my 308 bolt

Thanks for your reply. Obviously I won't be able to wait until Mar/Apr for your feedback on the OSS's, but if you don't mind sharing what led you to ultimately choose the HX-QD over other suppressors I would appreciate it. Was the flow-through vs. baffles the biggest factor? Or something else?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Obviously I won't be able to wait until Mar/Apr for your feedback on the OSS's, but if you don't mind sharing what led you to ultimately choose the HX-QD over other suppressors I would appreciate it. Was the flow-through vs. baffles the biggest factor? Or something else?
It was the flow-through was the biggest factor. It seems like it manages the air movement well. From the YouTube video it sounded pretty quiet. The other deciding factor SilencerShop had free stamp on them too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No experience with OSS. But I have an old (all stainless) Omega 30 from back when Joe Gadini made them. Anyway it was my first can and I wish I had known how much difference weight made when mounted all the way out at the muzzle. My advice spend the extra for the Ti option.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well I got my two oss in February. I tried them on my 12.5 6.8, 16” 308 and 18” 300 hamr. All where hearing safe no ring in the ears. The one thing I did notice the tone on the 6.8 lasted longer which i didn’t like. But both 300 hamr and 308 ar tone sounded much better. So I keep the trash panda on the 6.8 and the oss are on the other two. The tone was also longer when I placed the trash panda on the 300 hamr.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I got my two oss in February. I tried them on my 12.5 6.8, 16” 308 and 18” 300 hamr. All where hearing safe no ring in the ears. The one thing I did notice the tone on the 6.8 lasted longer which i didn’t like. But both 300 hamr and 308 ar tone sounded much better. So I keep the trash panda on the 6.8 and the oss are on the other two. The tone was also longer when I placed the trash panda on the 300 hamr.

Thank you very much for the info (as well as remembering).

As it turned out I did not order a suppressor yet. Too much B.S. with trying to get everything properly done while not yet out of Illinois. I am headed to my new state (North Carolina) on the 23rd of this month...a bit longer wait than I had originally planned but better late than never. Some of the first things I'll be doing when I get down there is getting my NC drivers license, getting an NFA Trust set-up, ordering a suppressor, and getting a tax stamp to turn my pistol build into an SBR. I also have had time to consider several other suppressors as well, and I have decided to not get an OSS. I am going to go with the Dead Air Sandman-S as my first can.

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Thank you very much for the info (as well as remembering).

As it turned out I did not order a suppressor yet. Too much B.S. with trying to get everything properly done while not yet out of Illinois. I am headed to my new state (North Carolina) on the 23rd of this month...a bit longer wait than I had originally planned but better late than never. Some of the first things I'll be doing when I get down there is getting my NC drivers license, getting an NFA Trust set-up, ordering a suppressor, and getting a tax stamp to turn my pistol build into an SBR. I also have had time to consider several other suppressors as well, and I have decided to not get an OSS. I am going to go with the Dead Air Sandman-S as my first can.
I don't know about the S but the Ti is great. I use it on a 16 inch 5.56 and on a 12.5, 16, and 20 inch 6.8 I can't tell about tone as I have poor hearing but I can shoot all of them without hearing protection. The DeadAir Sandman Ti is a direct thread so I save a lot on muzzle devices. I am waiting on a Q Suppressors Full Nelson that is also a direct thread but no idea how it sounds but it is a larger diameter so it will have a different tone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts