6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the trust thing is going to change decide to use it one last time. Dead Air Sandman Ti in 30 cal. What I like about them was no length issues to void warranty. The guy who runs the place and the guy who designs came from Silerenceco. Mike Pappas and Todd Magee. Now the long wait starts. With everyone trying to get their last items purchased I Would think the wait will be maybe a year. The company I bought it from does not care to guess how long. Right now he is getting January application back. Anyone here have a Dead Air?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a Sandman-S about 3 weeks into a form 3 and an -L due to my dealer this week. Based on NFA tracker I'm not getting my forms approved until Halloween at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
We will be lucky if only a year, I am wondering how 41F is going to affect NFA sales. I am working on getting all my NFA stuff both form 4 and 1 before the deadline. So far I have 3 form 4's and 3 form 1's. The plan is have everything I want under old rules and cross my fingers for NFA repeal.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I bought the same can for my first one. still waiting on the form 3 to my dealer, they are saying 8-10 weeks now on form 3's i am at just over 6 hope it goes through before the new rules.

I bought for the same reasons as you and the price was good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The checks for my Obsidian and Sandman-S were cashed on 5/18 (Form 4 LLC) which gives me a decent chance of approval by Turkey day (NFA tracker prediction):

Text Blue Line Parallel Font

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the SandmanTi in NFL jail right now. Looking forward to see how it compares with my Omega. Had a chance to speak with Magee and Pappas a couple of weeks ago. Incredible people, more than willing to answer any questions one may have.

·
Registered
436 Posts
How does the dead air compare to the crux pm ark30? I just got mine a few weeks ago and heard about the changes so I picked up a .22 can.

Ill have to look into the Dead Air.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I purchased a sandman S. Form 4 has been in the ATF's hands for 5 weeks now. I'll update when I have it and what I think of it. I'm going to be running it on 5.56 and 6.8. I like the specs on it a lot.
I was looking at a silencerco 5.56 can first. But the sandman is smaller than the full size 5.56 silencerco cans and it weighs a few ounces less. Also capable of .30 cal rifle and it has no min. Barrel length restrictions.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I purchased a sandman S. Form 4 has been in the ATF's hands for 5 weeks now. I'll update when I have it and what I think of it. I'm going to be running it on 5.56 and 6.8. I like the specs on it a lot.
I was looking at a silencerco 5.56 can first. But the sandman is smaller than the full size 5.56 silencerco cans and it weighs a few ounces less. Also capable of .30 cal rifle and it has no min. Barrel length restrictions.
yep,that is what brought me to the dance. The price was good as well I have two YHm one in SS and one in Ti. Dead Air price was better. The guys who designed and made have a great history. I just hate how long to get it. Almost bought two.
Just hope the grandfather order before the new deal started will,be good.
I will run mine from 30 cal to 5.56 so that was good as well the Ti is a direct thread. So I will pick one rifle or may be not. Will have to see.

·
Registered
155 Posts
We're these Sandman TI purchased online? Which vendor has the best price on this suppressor? Wanting to get one of these also.

·
Registered
352 Posts
We're these Sandman TI purchased online? Which vendor has the best price on this suppressor? Wanting to get one of these also.
Idk, I've had trouble finding their stuff online as well. I purchased my suppressor and muzzle devices from my local dealer. I'm wanting some of the new flash hiders they released as well as the new handgun suppressor. Maybe even another sandman series so I can have 2. I'll decide that after I get the first one though. I look every couple of days for the flash hider. I'll let ya know if I find some good deals on the actual suppressor.

i know silencershop.com was selling deadair products for a short time, idk what happened to that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got my TI a few weeks ago and it sounds great...you will love it. I haven't tried it on my 12.5 6.8 since that has a 51T mount, but it sounds great on my 308 compared to the SDN6. In a few weeks I should be able to compare it a Sandman S...atf cashed the stamp check for it on 2/18. I am curious to see how it sounds compared to the L and Gemtech Dagger I am also waiting on.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I got my TI a few weeks ago and it sounds great...you will love it. I haven't tried it on my 12.5 6.8 since that has a 51T mount, but it sounds great on my 308 compared to the SDN6. In a few weeks I should be able to compare it a Sandman S...atf cashed the stamp check for it on 2/18. I am curious to see how it sounds compared to the L and Gemtech Dagger I am also waiting on.
I should be getting my Sandman L soon , it was sent in on 1-28

1 - 15 of 15 Posts