6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated can I solicit opinions from owners of this weapon system (Owners only, MSAR owners or AUG owners) no self proclaimed expert opinions from those that have never even seen one, none the less touched one please.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sorry to bunk your thread for only owners, I don't own one. But I've got plently of trigger time on one, great gun and really appreciate that they've made it with a removable scope. The only negative is the trigger, god it could use some help.

Ok back to owners only :!:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lastrites said:
Sorry to bunk your thread for only owners, I don't own one. But I've got plently of trigger time on one, great gun and really appreciate that they've made it with a removable scope. The only negative is the trigger, god it could use some help.

Ok back to owners only :!:
I'm sorry for being a putz - but you know what I mean about these FOOLS that reply that have no idea of what they speak - just trying to avoid problems ...

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
You must be used to AR15.com or some other forum. This forum is very, very different.

The MSAR STG 556 is a cool, apparently well built rifle. I'd be interested in feedback from owner/shooters also. I've seen the price drop over the last few months both for the rifles and the magazines. A 6.8 version would be amazing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Back in the 80's when the AUG was first released, I almost bought it. It mounted to the sholder well and balanced beautifully. No trigger time and I still kick myself for not buying that one. It is one of the ones that got away :cry: !!!

Oh well...

Kelly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AR15.COM you hit nail on head

ArtFWTx said:
You must be used to AR15.com or some other forum. This forum is very, very different.

The MSAR STG 556 is a cool, apparently well built rifle. I'd be interested in feedback from owner/shooters also. I've seen the price drop over the last few months both for the rifles and the magazines. A 6.8 version would be amazing.

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have decided not to buy either - getting an AR lower and making a SBR (RRA 10 1/12 inch upper) end of story and I will save about $600 over the MSAR and $900 over the FN2000 ...

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
Good choice! :D

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
He says he'll save money... main symptom of Black Rifle Disease. Give him a couple months and he'll post pics of his SBR with all sorts of hardware and electronics on it effectively doubling or tripling his original cost estimate. :)

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
angsniper said:
Good choice! :D
I'll second that, now that it's done a guy who shoots 3 gun in Cortez brought his the first week and could barely hold 6" groups. the next month he brought it back with a shim wrapped around the barrel under the bushing that holds the barrel, it shot under 2" groups and performed well at the shoot. I know he contacted MSAR and they were working on a better barrel to bushing fit.
It was a 5.56 not 6.8.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just ordered an LMT (Lewis Machine and Tool) 14.5 inch M4 with enhanced bolt and bolt carrier group should be here in 4 weeks when I get her I'll post pictures - much better option than the MSAR and the RRA - Lewis Machine is TOP SHELF

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. I have some sincere trigger time on this rifle, but do not own one. My department actually owns several of these. IMHO these STG rifles have some neat concepts going on, but after years of training on and shooting/carrying the AR/M4, I found simple things such as mag changes and control manipulations difficult while in tactical mode. Just the nature of a bullpup design I guess. I'm sure these things will diminish with more experience and training time on this rifle. One of the neat concepts for this rifle is that with a simple bolt change, the ejection port can be moved to the left side for southpaws. The only real trouble I've seen with this rifle is an extractor problem which the company remedied with a new extractor. Also, after numerous rounds fired from a new rifle, you'll start to notice a wear spot in the plastic stock, directly behind the ejection port. Other than that, it's a neat rifle with great customer support. Again, just my opinion

1 - 18 of 18 Posts