6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I used Ammoseek to try and find some 6.8mm ammo. Only 4 places showing they have some.. And they are clearly gouging.

Guess I need to do more homework on reloading so I can do my own until my company is up and making them..

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
Outdoor Limited is selling Hornady Black for only $59.99 a box of 20.:eek: There is such a thing as supply and demand but there is also such a thing as profiteering. People need to remember the profiteers.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Glad i found the one's I did. I got lucky and caught the store the day they got them.
Awesome you got in just in the nick of time, I have not seen any primers in the wild (not on Gun Broker) for a few months, powder is just getting to this point too. Beginning to see bullets and brass showing the initial stages.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Outdoor Limited is selling Hornady Black for only $59.99 a box of 20.:eek: There is such a thing as supply and demand but there is also such a thing as profiteering. People need to remember the profiteers.
We hold all the power with our wallets. When the market becomes weak (which is a matter of when not if, example post 2013 Obamageddon) this is when we exercise our power. I was hopfuly that the ones on my list would go under after 2013, which some of them did but others like Cheaper Than Dirt stayed in business. Hopefully this time around we will use our power better.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Still plenty of deals out there, if you look hard enough. I’ve been finding some here and there for $1.25 or less per round. But many more are asking 2-3 times that.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Yeah, it sucks. I saw .45 auto 230 ball at a buck a round. And I thought to myself "you gotta be shitting me private pyle" in Ermey's voice.

Reactions: simonp67

·
Registered
87 Posts
I for one am increasing my list of businesses that I will no longer utilize for my purchase of parts/ammo/components when the demand curve returns to normal. They are free to charge what they want, just as I am free to shop elsewhere.

Very thankful that I stocked up when I did. There is no way I could hunt nearly a dozen properties if I were paying $2-3 / round.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Saw Remington FMJ for $15.97/20 today at one shop. S&B PTS for $39.99/20 at another.
Seymour Indiana.

·
Registered
31 Posts
We hold all the power with our wallets. When the market becomes weak (which is a matter of when not if, example post 2013 Obamageddon) this is when we exercise our power. I was hopfuly that the ones on my list would go under after 2013, which some of them did but others like Cheaper Than Dirt stayed in business. Hopefully this time around we will use our power better.
I did my part. I haven't bought from Cheaper Than Dirt ever since.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I really don't have much of a problem with a few places still having ammo, even though it is at a high price. This allows someone who has planned a hunting trip or someone who has just bought a firearm for self defense to at least have access to ammo. Raising the price seems to be the only way to keep hoarders from buying all of a store's stock every time it gets a shipment.

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
Just won an auction for 500 rounds at $.79 per round. That’s less than I paid for the same stuff last year.
That is a price that a lot of people have paid over the years. 6.8 ammo has never been cheap but even .79 per round is pretty inexpensive in today's market.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That is a price that a lot of people have paid over the years. 6.8 ammo has never been cheap but even .79 per round is pretty inexpensive in today's market.
I got a case of S&B 110gr FMJ for .63c a rd last feb and thought that was a great deal. A week later they went up to .90 and now that company closed, they actually closed on 1/6/21. I loved UNAMMO.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts