6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Christmas'ed my self with an ANT Thor4 this year and I'm looking for a better mount than came with it. I tried one of my one piece Leupold mounts with almost 3.5" spacing between the rings but it's still not enough to fit the scope in between the rings. Has anyone ever used a one piece mount with one of these scopes or know of a mount that has a wide enough spacing between the rings to work?

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
I never found a one-piece scope mount that fit. I ended up using Burris Tactical Rings and they have worked great with no harmonics to blur my picture. Here is a link to what I did.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never found a one-piece scope mount that fit. I ended up using Burris Tactical Rings and they have worked great with no harmonics to blur my picture. Here is a link to what I did.

I kind of thought the same thing after looking though the net for a half day, but was hoping, Thanks Xman
wondering what it would cost to take a leupold mark ar 30mm (on sale right now for $85) one piece with 3.46" spacing between the rings and opening the first .050 of each inside part of the ring enough to fit it down in the mount, It looks 3.50 should work ??
Probably do a two piece mounts similar to what you did..
I've had for three day and Grands Son has about taken it from me, he's out back now hoping for a hog over corn..

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Probably a $50 minimum. How are you going to do the IR illuminator mount? That was what was sweet about the Burris tactical rings. It all fits an it is as solid as a one-piece mount.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
So solid I could see the blood mist coming off the pesky **** at 100 yards at bullet impact. I could never had seen that with the ATN mounts.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably a $50 minimum. How are you going to do the IR illuminator mount? That was what was sweet about the Burris tactical rings. It all fits an it is as solid as a one-piece mount.
X, this mount would be for a ATN Thor4 thermal but I do see what you mean with the rail for a light on the top of the scope ring for a light with the IR scopes. I have a pulsar IR using the one piece Leupold mounts with 3.46" spread between the rings, that's what made me think of cutting in to it. That scope; the pulsar is on a 20" barrel with a heavy phase-5 15" hand guard that I have Wicked IR light on the front side of and with a A2 stock, it's a back porch shooter on a tripod right now ,, just to heavy to carry around, I am thinking of building something shorter and lighter for the Pulsar and the Burris mount might fit the bill for it..

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Looks very solid, wintys! Not too much modification required. Happy hunting!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks very solid, wintys! Not too much modification required. Happy hunting!
It sets really low Xman; almost to low. I feared crushing the plastic tube with this mount so I was really watchful of tightening the ring caps but so far it holding zero,,,, It's so low or close I can adjust the focuses with my finger tip while my hand is under the handguard. It's mounted on a 18" DD Ambush for now, I'm hoping to put something together with a little less weight,, as again hopefully thing will lighten up and come back in stock..

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
wintys, I checked the specification. The Leupold one-piece mount has a 1.4" height. The Burris Tactical Rings are 1.6" - almost a 1/4-inch more. This may be what you are experiencing.

It was also interesting to note that this model has been superseded and Leupold seems to be concentrating on 34mm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts