6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an Odin Works black nitride adjustable gas block for my newly built six8 SBR. With the gas adjustment screw fully clockwise (closed), bolt carrier locks back and casing ejects at approx 1:30-2pm (overpassed) Opened It back up several clicks, same result. I contacted Odin Works customer support for suggestions/warranty swap out and several days later got a weird reply...
“The Adjustable Gas Block is not designed to fully cut off the gas but to dampen the gas to dial in the gas system. Are you still having over gassing issues with the block at one click? Please give a rundown of your build and we'll see what needs to be done. In the meantime stay safe out there!”
I have since replied with my rig rundown and asked for suggestions. No reply as of yet....
So, has anyone else had this issue with this gas block and have any tips for taming the gas, or should I just get another brand, as the customer service honoring a lifetime warranty seems like they’d rather delete my emails... or, is this not a gas block for suppressed short barrels?
Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Set your phone up and record a shot. Slow-mo setting if you have it. There’s a chance the brass is bouncing off the brass deflector and that’s why it’s landing forward of the port. I’ve had that happen before with a few guns, and the phone video helped me see what was going on.

How’s the recoil between the two settings? Any difference? Overgassed guns will be noticeably harsher. Mind posting your guns specs here? That could help with diagnostics.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m sure it’s hitting the deflector. Had no ejection issues. Just weird the gas block won’t shut all the gas off. It shoots fine. Actually shoots great. Nothing harsh whatsoever. It’s a Zev upper/lower with a 12.5” ARP and YHM Resonator. My other 16” rig has a gas block that actually kills all the gas and let’s me ease it up to where I want it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I’m sure it’s hitting the deflector. Had no ejection issues. Just weird the gas block won’t shut all the gas off. It shoots fine. Actually shoots great. Nothing harsh whatsoever. It’s a Zev upper/lower with a 12.5” ARP and YHM Resonator. My other 16” rig has a gas block that actually kills all the gas and let’s me ease it up to where I want it.
Depends on the block. The superlative block I have will cut it off.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have an Odin Works click adjustable on my 16" ARP. Fully closed shuts all the gas off . Mine has 20 clicks of adjustment , works perfectly at halfway point. Model # 1566. On the packaging it states " Not for pistol length barrels". I believe the 12.5 Arp is mid gas so don't know if that applies. Hope this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sounds like you received my old gas block. I did have your exact problem. This was a new Odin agb purchased about 4 months ago. I have another Odin adb that worked perfectly so I removed both of them from the barrels and compared them by blowing thru the gas tubes. The "faulty" one was easy to blow thru while the properly functioning one had substantial resistance. This was tested with the screw tightened all the way clockwise. I even exchanged the adjustment screws between the two. The problem was in the machining of the block.

After a lengthy descriptive email to Odin they sent me a new one and I returned the faulty. The new one works great.

BTW I purchased this from Right To Bear. After a mediocre response from Odin I contacted RTB. They offered to let me return agb to them. Their CS is excellent.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like you received my old gas block. I did have your exact problem. This was a new Odin agb purchased about 4 months ago. I have another Odin adb that worked perfectly so I removed both of them from the barrels and compared them by blowing thru the gas tubes. The "faulty" one was easy to blow thru while the properly functioning one had substantial resistance. This was tested with the screw tightened all the way clockwise. I even exchanged the adjustment screws between the two. The problem was in the machining of the block.

After a lengthy descriptive email to Odin they sent me a new one and I returned the faulty. The new one works great.

BTW I purchased this from Right To Bear. After a mediocre response from Odin I contacted RTB. They offered to let me return agb to them. Their CS is excellent.
Brother, you nailed "mediocre" response. I will reach out to JoeBob & see if he "dun processed me an exchange"...
I appreciate the advice. This one was bought in March... QC department must've been affected by kung-flu panic.

Thanks to all who replied. I'll advise of the verdict when I get one...

·
Registered
46 Posts
You are on the right track. I revisited the email's on my issue. Oden's first response was that I needed a heavier buffer (H2). I then reached out to RTB. They got the ball rolling for a replacement.

My Odin agb's will NOT shut off completely, but there is a very noticable difference. As stated mine also run around 8-12 clicks open on suppressed rifles. You definitely have a defective one. I really like both Odins that I have. Get a good one and I'm sure you will be happy.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought an Odin Works black nitride adjustable gas block for my newly built six8 SBR. With the gas adjustment screw fully clockwise (closed), bolt carrier locks back and casing ejects at approx 1:30-2pm (overpassed) Opened It back up several clicks, same result. I contacted Odin Works customer support for suggestions/warranty swap out and several days later got a weird reply...
“The Adjustable Gas Block is not designed to fully cut off the gas but to dampen the gas to dial in the gas system. Are you still having over gassing issues with the block at one click? Please give a rundown of your build and we'll see what needs to be done. In the meantime stay safe out there!”
I have since replied with my rig rundown and asked for suggestions. No reply as of yet....
So, has anyone else had this issue with this gas block and have any tips for taming the gas, or should I just get another brand, as the customer service honoring a lifetime warranty seems like they’d rather delete my emails... or, is this not a gas block for suppressed short barrels?
Any advice appreciated.
Yep..Ive had a few issues but I got rhem lined out by my self..SCRAP ODIN's Junk and get another brand and dont buy their JUNK again..Its not the 1st time their Adjustable Gas Block has failed to do its job correctly. Heck...My Cheaper priced SADLAK Adjustable Gas Block works great on My SBR and AR Pistols and AR Rifles.I was not paying attention to my buddy trhat is new in the AR15 guns and he screwed in the Gas Block Screw annd it locked up.I had to take it apart..It shut it down..I opened it up later and it performs perfect after a little adjustments.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My 16” is an old Hardened Arms complete upper with their adj. gas block. It has been beyond fantastic. Paid $85 for $hit customer svc/product and I’m about to shift gears.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I was sent a rebuild kit finally... got the old parts changed out last night. We shall see if anything changes this weekend...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any advice appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts