6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Being the inveterate range brass collector that I am I have collected brass from various ranges for many years. I have picked up many common cases and some not so common. As I was sorting through some two to two and a half gallons of range brass I found a very interesting headstamp.

This headstamp was 7.62x33, it is a different designation for a familiar cartridge but not a familiar designation.

Not ready to reveal what it is yet as I want to see what are some of the more obscure headstamps you guys have seen. Maybe someone will actually know what my 7.62x33 is.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Being the inveterate range brass collector that I am I have collected brass from various ranges for many years. I have picked up many common cases and some not so common. As I was sorting through some two to two and a half gallons of range brass I found a very interesting headstamp.

This headstamp was 7.62x33, it is a different designation for a familiar cartridge but not a familiar designation.

Not ready to reveal what it is yet as I want to see what are some of the more obscure headstamps you guys have seen. Maybe someone will actually know what my 7.62x33 is.
30 carbine?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I know what it is. Ill stay quiet.

Here is one in my box of old stuff. It has a funny looking head. The case head that goes up against the bolt face is concaved. The bullet measures .298 and the head stamp says SMT 939. H has talked about this round a few times.

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
30 carbine?
Wow! First guess.

The headstamp is NWM 60 and it is boxer primed. In a rush right now so can't look up who NWM is.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting collection of cartridges.

How about a 45-70 Magnum?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.