·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Held: New York’s proper-cause requirement violates the Fourteenth
Amendment
by preventing law-abiding citizens with ordinary self-de-
fense needs from exercising their Second Amendment right to keep and
bear arms in public for self-defense.
States are not and should not be permitted to violate rights. A resident scholar/lawyer needs to read through it. They jump into Heller right away.

Reactions: cbp210

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
While judicial deference to legisla-
tive interest balancing is understandable—and, elsewhere, appropri-
ate—it is not deference that the Constitution demands here. The Sec-
ond Amendment “is the very product of an interest balancing by the
people,” and it “surely elevates above all other interests the right of
law-abiding, responsible citizens to use arms” for self-defense. Heller,
554 U. S., at 635. Pp. 15–17.
What I read is they acknowledge gun control is not authorized in the Constitution.

Reactions: cbp210

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
(c) The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense is
not “a second-class right, subject to an entirely different body of rules
than the other Bill of Rights guarantees.
” McDonald, 561 U. S., at 780
(plurality opinion). The exercise of other constitutional rights does not
require individuals to demonstrate to government officers some special
need. The Second Amendment right to carry arms in public for self-
defense is no different. New York’s proper-cause requirement violates
the Fourteenth Amendment by preventing law-abiding citizens with
ordinary self-defense needs from exercising their right to keep and
bear arms in public. Pp. 62–63.
818 Fed. Appx. 99, reversed and remanded
We know they will try to back door more.

Reactions: earlytom

·
Registered
444 Posts
While releasing felons, even those in possession of guns to prey on society. These states that enact gun control laws only enforce them on the law abiding hardworking folks. Why?

Why are people who are on these psychotherapy drugs that seem to a common denominator in many mass victim shoots, still able to get their hands on guns?

Why don't they have mass school shootings in Israel?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Im on NY and I have a hearing with a judge next week to get my pistol permit. The fact i had to pay to get finger printed, get interviewed by an investigator and now have a hearing with a judge before they'll decide to give me my permit seems like infringement to me.
It is. But I’ll still take what we got so far. It’s a start. I think it was a very broad decision and more than what we expected. Hopefully the case in NJ next year will address the high capacity mags. I’ll be heading to the local sheriffs office on Monday to add another pistol to my license. Hopefully instead of it saying Sportsman Carry when they print the new one, it just says Carry.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It is. But I’ll still take what we got so far. It’s a start. I think it was a very broad decision and more than what we expected. Hopefully the case in NJ next year will address the high capacity mags. I’ll be heading to the local sheriffs office on Monday to add another pistol to my license. Hopefully instead of it saying Sportsman Carry when they print the new one, it just says Carry.
I just heard on the radio that hochul wants to hold a special session next month to ban all concealed carry. I can't even begin to understand how she thinks that is legal when the Supreme Court just rules that our current restrictions are unconstitutional.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just heard on the radio that hochul wants to hold a special session next month to ban all concealed carry. I can't even begin to understand how she thinks that is legal when the Supreme Court just rules that our current restrictions are unconstitutional.
Yeah thats immediately unconstitutional as you already have a ban on open carry.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
All gun laws/restrictions are against the Constitution. Shall not be infringed is just that. Suppressors and other "NFA" needs to be next. Roberts needs to be removed by the people. And Obama and Biden's picks removed as null and void, as Obama/Soetoro is Indonesia, and Biden lost in a land slide. Don't expect Kevin McCarthy to do what is right.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Doesn’t surprise me. The libs have no respect for our constitution.
Certain counties like Westchester that have always been liberal will follow her lead, even if it is unconstitutional. She can flap her gums all she wants but that damn right eyebrow ain’t moving and most counties will still follow the constitution. My county is very pro 2A, and I was told a few weeks ago that they would follow it to the T if it’s in black and white. I truly believe that it is, and anticipate them lifting the restrictions very shortly.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Im on NY and I have a hearing with a judge next week to get my pistol permit. The fact i had to pay to get finger printed, get interviewed by an investigator and now have a hearing with a judge before they'll decide to give me my permit seems like infringement to me.
Now you got a strong recourse. Sometimes I wished I still remained in California just for this but I have not dreaded New York.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You should tell the judge, "Is there anything I need to add besides what SCOTUS has already said"?

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
She doesn't care as she believes she is all powerful and she can do as she pleases because she is in charge and there is no one that can stop her.

I've been debating when I should bring up the SCOTUS decision during the hearing. You never know how some liberal judge is going to response to a logical statement.
You know exactly how they will respond. They will just deny your application.

·
Registered
441 Posts
While releasing felons, even those in possession of guns to prey on society. These states that enact gun control laws only enforce them on the law abiding hardworking folks. Why?

Why are people who are on these psychotherapy drugs that seem to a common denominator in many mass victim shoots, still able to get their hands on guns?

Why don't they have mass school shootings in Israel?

I'm just asking a question here, but. Would you like the FBI to look at your pharmacy records(and what right would they have to do so) and deny you a firearm purchase?

Twice in the last month I've been to pick up prescriptions for my wife and they asked for my ID. 1st was actually Oxy, and the 2nd was Tramadol. Both painkillers, both needed an ID to pick-up. None of these pills have been ingested or will be. Should I be checked out by the FBI because of the prescriptions that I "picked up"?

I think the Israel thing is a whole different onion to peel.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I am not suggesting the FBI look at your medical records. You make a good point, some would figure that's the way to address the problem.

Myself being more libertarian by nature think big pharma should be getting sued into bankruptcy for negligence and malfeacence instead of the gun manufacturers.

Don't they have the obligation to warn about the dangerous side effects under current law? Turning an individual into a person that acts on murderous ideations seems to fall into that category. Further it seems logical that the medical professionals prescribing this stuff have a duty to warn family members what to be watching for.

If a family member of mine was on that stuff there would be no way they would get any access to a gun and I would be locking my bedroom door and sleeping with a pistol under my pillow.

ETA: I am only talking about these psychotropics that have actually been linked to these crimes. If you get Oxy don't they warn you to not operate machinery? Can't you be held liable for killing someone with your car when under the influence of oxy? Can't a medical professional be held criminally liable for over prescribing? How is it different when these drugs are handed out like candy and wreak havoc?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts