6.8 SPC Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
The reason the NRA filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy was so they could break their leases in NY and refile as an entity in Texas. The NRA doesn't have money issues in the sense that they are broke. They just want to be able to get out of NY sooner rather than later. Not to mention that the rent in Dallas is significantly less than in NYC. As is the cost for insurance and there is no state income tax..

LaPierre stepping down would be the absolute best thing for the NRA since Charleton Heston was named President.

It's well known that LaPierre and his cronies on the Leadership council have misspent money to their benefit. A lot of good people stepped down from the Council or outright left the NRA because of their shenaniganz. And the NRA has been weaker for it.

What many people have forgotten is that LaPierre actually worked with Congress in 1986 on the Firearms Owners Protection Act. LaPierre "compromised" and gave up the Citizens rights to own Automatic Firearms or for Companies to produce them for sale in the US. As far as LaPierre was concerned, this was a "small thing" because there weren't that many Automatic Firearms in circulation (about 196K). It was the biggest betrayal of the American Gun owner since the 1934 gun legislation.

I've felt that LaPierre is part of the "swamp" and needs to go for awhile. I don't believe he has the best interests of Joe "Gun Owner" at heart.

Other organizations such as Gunowners of America, Firearms Policy Coalition, The National Sports Shooting Foundation, and the USCCA do as much or more than the NRA does currently.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The State of NY was suing them. If you have no money, the state doesn't get it, and getting incorporated in another state is a very good move. That said, it got to the point when the weekly NRA letter came to the house, I threw it away. You can only hear the spiel so many times. They need to refocus.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can like or dislike the NRA, or actions by the NRA over the past several years. Everyone's opinions on the topic will likely vary to different degrees. My own opinion is that the NRA have historically been the most effective organization that I am aware of at protecting and defending the 2 amendment, which is why they are universally hated and vilified by the left. If your sole contribution toward defending your 2A rights is to show up and vote occasionally, then I think you will probably disappointed with the results long term if you are a gun owner. It seems to be one of those things where the left only has to win once to take away our rights, while we have to win everyday to keep them.
My recommendation is to get involved and do something positive, which in addition to voting, might be donating either time or money to an organization that will stand up and defend what you believe in. Beside giving money when I feel so inclined, my own personal contribution is to help by serving as a hunter safety instructor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If the NRA was not relevant the left would not be trying to destroy it
That tells a big part of the story right there. My exit from commiefornia ( Calexit ) a decade ago was in large part to restrictive firearms environment, among other reasons that would lead down a discussion rabbit hole. My thought is to not hold the line, but fight to roll back 2A restrictions. We all feel relief if we can think "we got by this year", but really, even if that were true, is not enough to just hold the line. We're in for a massive battle, Trump wasn't even out of office when the restriction AR pistol trial balloon letter came out. If there is a suggestion to a better organization to fight for 2A then tell me so I can send them money too. But I'll still send the NRA some dough here and there. It is not a choice between one or the other, it is who is supporting the cause so I can support them, choice. It is why I switched my phone to Patriot mobile, do my best to not be an active user on big tech sites like Screwtube, and not buy anything made in China when possible. Doing these types of things is 'voting with your wallet', a vote that can't be stolen. It counts. It does have an impact!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm an NRA Life Member, but I remember when Neal Knox was kicked off the Board of Directors after he tried to remove Wayne LaPierre because he found out WLP isn't in it for gun rights - he's in it for the money to be had by lobbying for gun rights. WLP has made sure his cronies always had a majority on the BoD since then so he could keep raking in the dough, and at least one of those cronies gets a sizeable amount from the NRA every year sent to her "sportsman's group" that has no other known members.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The NRA filed under Chapter 11 so they could refile their corporation filing papers in Texas. They did not file under Chapter 7 to dissolve. They filed under 11 to reorginize, in order o leve NY state where they were filed over 100 years ago, before NY went insane. This is simply another big corporation leaving NY, nothing more.The NRA had the added focus of the nut bag NY AG trying to stop them from leaving. This is a beautiful one finger salute to NY and well done. (y)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
My problem with the NRA started when they endorced a known anti gun canidate in my state . That said face the facts , most Politicians vote the way they feel will keep them in office and the way the lobbiest who pays the most tells them to . The NRA is very good at buying Politicians but the gun grabbers are good too . Quit supporting the NRA and a lot of the Politicians will switch to anti gun .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I never liked LaPierre since he called federal LEO's "jack booted thugs" during the Clinton administration. He is the CEO and that makes him responsible for the NRA's failure. Off with his head. Bring in a new management team. Simple as that.

Dan

·
Registered
184 Posts
Like the NRA or hate them - whatever, and to each their own. But it doesn't do any of us any good to publicly talk them down, when they're the only ones big enough to fight for our rights with any power. Furthermore, I, too, have given a significant amount of my income to the NRA. It burns me up to find that the city of New York attacked one of the NRA's leaders legally (and publicly), costing the NRA so much of MY AND YOUR money (for those of you who have also contributed). If Wayne can find a loophole in the law that allows him to get some of that money back, I'm, all for it! What's wrong with that??! You call it immoral. It NOT immoral! If it's in the law, it's there to be used for a reason, and what's immoral about recovering the funds previously entrusted to the company by its loyal supporters and stolen by government "lawmakers"?

I hope Texas remains strong enough to withstand the onslaught of libertarians that seem to be overrunning the state. What we really need is more prayer. God is the only thing that will keep a lid on communism / dictatorship and the "new world order". It's all coming sooner or later. But I selfishly hope it's arrival is long after I'm dead.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Like the NRA or hate them - whatever, and to each their own. But it doesn't do any of us any good to publicly talk them down, when they're the only ones big enough to fight for our rights with any power. Furthermore, I, too, have given a significant amount of my income to the NRA. It burns me up to find that the city of New York attacked one of the NRA's leaders legally (and publicly), costing the NRA so much of MY AND YOUR money (for those of you who have also contributed). If Wayne can find a loophole in the law that allows him to get some of that money back, I'm, all for it! What's wrong with that??! You call it immoral. It NOT immoral! If it's in the law, it's there to be used for a reason, and what's immoral about recovering the funds previously entrusted to the company by its loyal supporters and stolen by government "lawmakers"?

I hope Texas remains strong enough to withstand the onslaught of libertarians that seem to be overrunning the state. What we really need is more prayer. God is the only thing that will keep a lid on communism / dictatorship and the "new world order". It's all coming sooner or later. But I selfishly hope it's arrival is long after I'm dead.
Its not the libertarians that you need to worry about.

·
Super Moderator
22,098 Posts
ejbragg, there is a HUGE difference between a "Liberal" and a "Libertarian". HUGE difference. In a nutshell, a "Libertarian" wants less and less government involvement in one's life. A "Liberal" wants complete control of your life, by THEIR beliefs/rules/definitions.

·
Super Moderator
12,110 Posts
ejbragg, there is a HUGE difference between a "Liberal" and a "Libertarian". HUGE difference. In a nutshell, a "Libertarian" wants less and less government involvement in one's life. A "Liberal" wants complete control of your life, by THEIR beliefs/rules/definitions.
I think maybe he meant libertines.

Reactions: Ratdog68

·
Registered
8 Posts
My problem with the NRA is because of their lack of effort we now have Biden. Since 2012, the NRA Second Amendment message has been progressively reduced, 2020 they had exactly one decent TV ad, and not near enough to make any difference at all.
It has been a tough couple of years for the NRA with the state of New York and the Dems going after it relentlessly. The whole point was to keep us scrambling in self defense and divert attention and resources from the election. It's hard to remember that your mission is to drain the swamp while you are armpit deep in alligators. This tactic worked pretty well against President Trump also. Remember that Biden had the message on the front of his podium " DEFEAT THE NRA" at many televised events. And yet he says he supports the 2A.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I never liked LaPierre since he called federal LEO's "jack booted thugs" during the Clinton administration. He is the CEO and that makes him responsible for the NRA's failure. Off with his head. Bring in a new management team. Simple as that.

Dan
His reference to LEOs as JBTs was about the way they were rolling over citizens rights and dignity if they didn't like their politics. If I remember right it was around the time of Janet Reno, Waco and Ruby Ridge as well as some other specific instances. It was/is an example of a short sound bite played over and over with no context to vilify an enemy. The press was not our friend then either. That being said it is not a term I would have used. When you are successfully leading the charge you will catch the most arrows. Even Clinton said that if it weren't for the NRA Gore would have been president.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I want the NRA to be successful but as long a LaPete is running the show they will not get one dime from me. I have been a member off and on for over fifty years and when Cumo illegally enacted the SAFE Act along with all its unconstitutional addendum the NRA did and continues to do, NOTHING! You would think they would put their money where their mouth is, on the front line, the line in the sand, but no, they have to support Waynes' life styles of the rich and famous and have precious little left over to fight the very thing they claim to be the champion for, our God given right to keep and bear arms! Besides compromising and the incremental erosion of one of our most rights to the point where, in the near future, we may no longer have a first amendment to bitch about losing the second. Oh yeah, and in case you think, er, New York. The NRA has sucked more money from this state than any other, this isn't a city, it is a state filled with good people and we have sacrificed more in fighting our wars to preserve our freedoms than any other. Screw them!
M.R. Robinson

41 - 56 of 56 Posts