1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
65 Posts
From what I read, the bankruptcy is to shield them while they reorganize into a non profit in Texas.

I like the NRA, but constantly begging for money gets old. If they cut their mail volume down they wouldn’t need half the donations they ask for and I have told them that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
It seems to me the democrat psy-ops game worked. Lies, leaks, fake news stories and suddenly gun
owners hated the NRA. It seems stupid to me that so many fell for it. Now we are in a much weaker position.
How many people here think we would still have gun rights if Wayne did not defend us during Sandy Hook ?
I've been lifetime member since the late 80s but not really that involved. We have to break out of believing Fake
News or they will keep dividing us until nothing is left to defend.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
If you agree with the NRAs actions or not or how this came to be the left will see this as a big win and in their eyes to clear the path for "sweeping gun control".

Dark days ahead my friends, dark days indeed. We are losing the fight and I think a Aussie style AWB in around the corner

Molon labe

·
Super Moderator
12,110 Posts
It seems to me the democrat psy-ops game worked. Lies, leaks, fake news stories and suddenly gun
owners hated the NRA. It seems stupid to me that so many fell for it. Now we are in a much weaker position.
How many people here think we would still have gun rights if Wayne did not defend us during Sandy Hook ?
I've been lifetime member since the late 80s but not really that involved. We have to break out of believing Fake
News or they will keep dividing us until nothing is left to defend.
This exactly. If we believe everything the left says about any organization then we are screwed before we even start. I don't know where LaPierre got his money and don't really care. It is still the biggest organization out there fighting for our rights and we would be screwed without them on our side. This bankruptcy is just as someone said before, legal protection while they restructure and get the hell out of a communist state. Texas should be a good fit. As long as it isn't Austin.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
This exactly. If we believe everything the left says about any organization then we are screwed before we even start. I don't know where LaPierre got his money and don't really care. It is still the biggest organization out there fighting for our rights and we would be screwed without them on our side. This bankruptcy is just as someone said before, legal protection while they restructure and get the hell out of a communist state. Texas should be a good fit. As long as it isn't Austin.
They are going to north Dallas which is better than Austin but not by much. Perhaps this move will help drive out the left wing nuts in office up there.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
LaPierre got his money from stealing the members dues, cheating the public from good gun programs and bankrupting the nra, all members should care. I dropped them a few years ago due to the corruption, he should be in prison

Reactions: Dave S

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OKay - then explain why so many of those key folks inside that organization have left in the last few years - Oliver North, Chris Cox, etc. etc.?

Reactions: Dave S and FrankT

·
Super Moderator
12,110 Posts
I don't need to explain anything. All I know is that the left has been trying to tear down the NRA for decades and what easier way than to get their own members to turn against them. Believe what you want. I know I will. My rule of thumb is believe nothing I hear and only about half of what I see. No organization like this is ever going to be perfect. Every charity in the nation has CEO's that people think are making too much money and maybe they are. That doesn't change the fact that they are doing some good. Every little bit helps.

Reactions: cmoens

·
Registered
140 Posts
Aside from membership i round up and donate to them every time I buy from a retailer that has that option. Whatever financial wrongs may have been committed by individuals within the NRA the organization itself still lobbies for and defends the second amendment.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't need to explain anything. All I know is that the left has been trying to tear down the NRA for decades and what easier way than to get their own members to turn against them. Believe what you want. I know I will. My rule of thumb is believe nothing I hear and only about half of what I see. No organization like this is ever going to be perfect. Every charity in the nation has CEO's that people think are making too much money and maybe they are. That doesn't change the fact that they are doing some good. Every little bit helps.
You certainly don't have to explain anything, I thought maybe you could. That's kind of a blinders on approach. If all the flack had been coming from the press, its one thing. But when a number of individuals that were key internal players leave in unison it is a signal of internal rot.

·
Super Moderator
12,110 Posts
No blinders on here. I know what I read. The question is how much of it do I believe? It certainly appears to me the North, Cox and some others were attempting to stage a coups to oust La Pierre and it pretty much backfired in their faces. Whether they were right or LaPierre was right I have no idea. I doubt that any of you do either. North is certainly not above a few political dirty tricks. None of that has to do with the fact that they are the strongest 2A support group in the nation and we need to back them. That is my opinion. You are welcome to yours but keep your accusations or assumptions about me to yourself if you would please.

Reactions: PostalBound

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Take a breath - I'm not accusing you or anyone else of anything, just trying to understand.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
My problem with the NRA is because of their lack of effort we now have Biden. Since 2012, the NRA Second Amendment message has been progressively reduced, 2020 they had exactly one decent TV ad, and not near enough to make any difference at all.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts