6.8 SPC Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Forget about TP. I forsee long-johns and wool socks becoming scarce as conservatives prepare for the move to Canada! I am going to get the electric socks myself..
TOO LATE! Trump said that he was going to get Mexico to pay for the wall. They just agreed as long as it is up by next week. Canada agreed to pay for one and ordered one too! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Where in the US Constitution is there a 1st amendment requirement for the world? The internet and social media is not just inside the US borders. Maybe it is time to take down all social media and get back to life they way we used to know it. Where the hell did I put my pager??? :ROFLMAO:
There has been some seriously negative affects on society from social media. I deleted all mine 8 or 9 months ago. I keep FB messenger to talk to a couple family members. I used to use phone for news but even stopped reading it. I enjoy finances/markets so I use it for that stuff but may give it up too. Then I could do away with smart phone.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
There has been some seriously negative affects on society from social media. I deleted all mine 8 or 9 months ago. I keep FB messenger to talk to a couple family members. I used to use phone for news but even stopped reading it. I enjoy finances/markets so I use it for that stuff but may give it up too. Then I could do away with smart phone.
You have to be honest with yourself and admit that forums like this are social media so you have not cut the ties. Just saying! We are all addicts!

·
Registered
202 Posts
You have to be honest with yourself and admit that forums like this are social media so you have not cut the ties. Just saying! We are all addicts!
I agree to a point. It's more of a closed off discussion board. This type of communication has been around since dial up BBS. As much as I love you guys, I could do away with 68 😞

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Funny thing about fla. if I give up my Tn license I lose my permit. If I don’t give up my license I can’t buy a pistol in fla.
All I did from TX was apply for a FL permit and got it, then let the TX expire

·
Registered
7 Posts
“I would also suggest downloading an alternate messaging app like Signal...
Agreed on the point of downloading a secure messaging app before they are removed from the app stores, or you need one. Part of being prepared as the boy scout motto goes. Signal is free, but there are ones that cost a nominal fee that are better. I would say just use a secure messaging app all the time / whenever possible anyway considering there is lack of privacy in general.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's time we all start to vote with our pocket books. Money is what fuels censorship. Stop these bad actors by cutting off their funding that YOU are providing to them. Find out where YOUR money is going when you buy ANYTHING. Find out who is behind the things you buy everyday. You'll be surprised what you find and who you have been supporting that is trying to censor your voice. We can't be lazy anymore. This country is in the bad shape it is because WE have been lazy and allowed it to happen.
This is just one example.............Drop AARP. They are anti-gun.
Go with AMAC.

I ask everyone to post an organization that is anti-gun. Let's shine the light on these people and cut them off.
Even though I made a bunch of money off of Apple and Google stock in the past...............I just sold it all. Hit them where it hurts.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
It's time we all start to vote with our pocket books. Money is what fuels censorship. Stop these bad actors by cutting off their funding that YOU are providing to them. Find out where YOUR money is going when you buy ANYTHING. Find out who is behind the things you buy everyday. You'll be surprised what you find and who you have been supporting that is trying to censor your voice. We can't be lazy anymore. This country is in the bad shape it is because WE have been lazy and allowed it to happen.
This is just one example.............Drop AARP. They are anti-gun.
Go with AMAC.

I ask everyone to post an organization that is anti-gun. Let's shine the light on these people and cut them off.
Even though I made a bunch of money off of Apple and Google stock in the past...............I just sold it all. Hit them where it hurts.
If you sold AAPL and/or GOOG all that means is that somebody else bought it, you didn't hurt any of those companies. On the other hand, if you are a shareholder you have a right to tell their directors you don't like their policies.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you sold AAPL and/or GOOG all that means is that somebody else bought it, you didn't hurt any of those companies. On the other hand, if you are a shareholder you have a right to tell their directors you don't like their policies.
Its a moral/ethical action though. I refuse to buy Apple because they screwed me over on an iPhone 3s(10 years ago?) So I will not be an investor or purchase their products. I refuse to buy Tesla because I think its a ponzi scheme. Both would of made me a lot of money but I can't in good mind be associated with them.

So voting with your dollars still applies even if it doesn't individually hurt them. I am sure Apple did not miss any of my purchases over the last decade.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts