6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is like a sci fi movie, scary as hell! What good is a constitution when corporations can take away free speech at will...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
This is like a sci fi movie, scary as hell! What good is a constitution when corporations can take away free speech at will...
Not to be picky, but the book laying this all out was written by George Orwell in 1949. It is called 1984.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Remember the IRON CURTAIN? We need a American equivalent of radio free europe.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Heard some talk about the similarities of the current situation and the movie series "The Hunger Games"

·
Registered
331 Posts
Deleted social media from my phone and ghosting it on the computer.

A fella on another forum asked what the frick is going on.... I replied Anne Frank, first part of chapter 1.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Not to be picky, but the book laying this all out was written by George Orwell in 1949. It is called 1984.
Was very surprised and disappointed to find out that required reading during The Cold War.....1984 and Animal Farm, are no longer read in high school. Books that warned about Big Brother and changing rules to favor groups.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Many of the classics like Shakespeare and Homer are now absent from public education.
Public education indoctrination. Public schools don't teach kids how to think, they teach them how to obey. The teacher's unions are communist operatives.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Bummer. Shakespeares enduring works accurately reflect the nature of humans. Something that does not change with modern conveniences, electricity, air n space travel, cell phones. Greed, lust for power, love/hate and revenge....still with us.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Public education indoctrination. Public schools don't teach kids how to think, they teach them how to obey. The teacher's unions are communist operatives.
Right! GAs gubmint schools have been that way for a good 20+yrs.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Today's left thinks they are so superior to societies of the past. The average letter written home by many a ww2 soldier showed a level of thoughtfulness and concern for others that today's leftist cannot comprehend. Hard to blame the youth, they haven't been taught.... I do admit the knowledge is at their fingertips. (at least before it gets censored)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Knew this was coming. It was tough to find a firearm friendly bank and CC processor 7-8 years ago and it's only going to get worse.
Yep seen an article the other day about the anti gun groups trying to get credit card companies to not approve transactions for guns. Specifically "ghost gun" kits as the call them.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Some good news: Twitter lost nearly $5 Billion in market cap since they deplatformed Trump last Friday
Can only hope this is true and that the loss continues until they go bankrupt. Same goes for the rest of social media.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yep seen an article the other day about the anti gun groups trying to get credit card companies to not approve transactions for guns. Specifically "ghost gun" kits as the call them.
If you’re using a credit card to buy a ghost gun kit you’re doing it wrong. Why but something “untraceable” but use a traceable method to pay for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Heard some talk about the similarities of the current situation and the movie series "The Hunger Games"
Hollywood has put out several movies over the years showing what was coming, "The Hunger Games" and "The Maze Runner" are but a couple that come to mind right quick.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Legislative and judicial options have been inaffective for years and does not show any sign of changing. Throw a poor voter confidence on top of that and well that only leaves one action left.

This should have been done years ago, but I think it is too late, they would stop it from seeing the light of day.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
So is there a plan for when this forum is in their sights?

21 - 40 of 70 Posts