6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this over at tacticalfoums because I think the old RCBD ammunition has come back to haunt us in the form of "DRT" ammunition. I found this stuff in CTD and have decided to post it here and see what you guys think, ARE THEY BACK?? Sorry if this is in the wrong forum guys? :oops:

Click here for a larger image Ammo .223 DRT 79 Grain 20 Round Box Powder Core, Lead Free, Accurate and Deadly
3 Customer ReviewsOur Low Price: $34.97
List Price: $52.46
Your Savings: $17.49(33.33%)

Have one to sell? Sell it on Free Ads
Tell a Friend Manufacturer: DRT
Item: AMM-268

DRT is it the Most Accurate Ammo Ever?

This might be it, both in accuracy and terminal ballistics!
This ammo has been hush, hush for over four years. We saw it being tested at the Military Proofing grounds and everyone said, "that is not possible" after they saw the results! The DRT name stands for Dynamic Research Technologies, or as the guys shooting the M24 Sniper Rifles say, "Dead Right There"!

This ammo does the exact opposite of what you would expect. These rounds will shoot through a 2" x 4" but will not shoot through an invader in your home. Here is the best part, these are ideal for crowd control, home defense, or close quarter combat, the bullet will hit the target and dissipate inside the target, killing them instantly without going through and injuring an innocent bystander.

How is that possible?
It is in the core. Totally different than anything on the market, a compressed metal powder, not a solid lead blob, but a fine powder mixture.
Here is how it works;

If you filled a 55 gallon drum with a zillion number 9 shotgun pellets and then shot it out of some space age rail gun with the round spinning at 160,000 RPM, you would have a very deadly round. That is kind of what is happening but, then enters the dynamics of of the fine powder! When it encounters a solid object such as a 2" x 4" it shoots right through but when it encounters an object denser than itself like a brick wall or concrete or heavy gauge steel, it disintegrates, returning to powder with no ricochet.

The magic occurs on an Organic Target. The fine powder is as fine as talcum powder. When it contacts the organic target, the powder is spinning at such a high rate it instantly disperses, creating a crater in the target resulting in Instant Death. The wounds are typically 5" deep and 5" wide. A full 100% energy dissipation as the bullet totally disappears to invisible dust.

The accuracy comes from two attributes; First is extreme attention to detail in the manufacturing process, much greater than even handloads. Second has to do with the powder core. Solid lead cores are never perfect, they are off center or not symmetrical and when spun at 160,000 rpm, they flight off course and then at 1,000 meters your groups never get much better than 10". With the powder core, the material finds it center when spinning improving the accuracy. Besides, this fine powder is heavier than lead, so a standard weight projectile is smaller offering a lower wind profile and enhanced accuracy.

So guys, this is it.
The most accurate ammo we have ever seen; and the most deadly. We have been asked not to tell stories of this ammo being used in the big sand box, but the stories are getting out and the unheard of results have increased demand for this one of a kind - the only ammo you ever need to own, DRT ammunition.

Demand is tight and we only have a few boxes of DRT Ammo to sell.

·
Premium Member
6,322 Posts
Never heard of it :shock:

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
It is a super light bullet made of soft lead.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm hoping Doc will get on here and confirm or deny this is the old RCBD with a new name.
With RCBD it was found that there was no powdered/blended metal just moly coated varmit projectiles. This "DRT" 79gr round claims the same results and bullet performance as the RCBD brand. I was wondering if they changed their name after being exposed as frauds?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I don't know but there are now bullets out there (NOT LeMass)that are using compressed tungsten for the core so it dumps all its load in a expanding cone shape. Doc has tested a few IIRC and by his comments he seemed to think they warranted more testing as they looked good. Also the really issue was LeMass and the way they were peddling the stuff off as something it was not. All of RBCD stuff I have ever seen was labeled as having a high fraging or total fraging the only bullet I have ever seen them personally list as a BMT is a 50 BMG bullet. LeMass who hye laoded ammo for is another sotyr entirely as they were claiming all of their various bullet etc were BMT. How stupid can you be to make a claim that is so ease to test by simply halfing a bullet and testing metal which is just what was done and they were found to be nothing but normal bullets with a coating. I have looked a RBCD website over many years and never have I seen any of their ammo other then the 50 listed as anything other then TFSP. I will say this though without knowing how much they were involved with the scam LeMass was pushing. They were loading the rounds for LeMass, they had to have seen or known the claims LeMass was making and yet they kept their mouth closed. To me even if they had some type of nondisclosure they should have done the right thing. The fact they did not IMO make them responsible regardless if they had more involvement or not.

But these rounds you posted about sound much more like the powdered metal cores that a few makers are now using. When hit by a hard target they tend to hold together but when hit by hydraulics of the human they break apart or that is at least the way they are suppose to work. I know one of DocGKR reports that had the 5.56 and other rounds in it had one of these such rounds and the gel tests were promising. I am sure he can tell us a lot more about how they performed and if there is anything worth pursuing. I had thought something like that but that also fraged on the fuselage was what they were looking at for airliner security

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tim_W said:
I don't know but there are now bullets out there (NOT LeMass)that are using compressed tungsten for the core so it dumps all its load in a expanding cone shape. Doc has tested a few IIRC and by his comments he seemed to think they warranted more testing as they looked good. Also the really issue was LeMass and the way they were peddling the stuff off as something it was not. All of RBCD stuff I have ever seen was labeled as having a high fraging or total fraging the only bullet I have ever seen them personally list as a BMT is a 50 BMG bullet. LeMass who hye laoded ammo for is another sotyr entirely as they were claiming all of their various bullet etc were BMT. How stupid can you be to make a claim that is so ease to test by simply halfing a bullet and testing metal which is just what was done and they were found to be nothing but normal bullets with a coating. I have looked a RBCD website over many years and never have I seen any of their ammo other then the 50 listed as anything other then TFSP. I will say this though without knowing how much they were involved with the scam LeMass was pushing. They were loading the rounds for LeMass, they had to have seen or known the claims LeMass was making and yet they kept their mouth closed. To me even if they had some type of nondisclosure they should have done the right thing. The fact they did not IMO make them responsible regardless if they had more involvement or not.

But these rounds you posted about sound much more like the powdered metal cores that a few makers are now using. When hit by a hard target they tend to hold together but when hit by hydraulics of the human they break apart or that is at least the way they are suppose to work. I know one of DocGKR reports that had the 5.56 and other rounds in it had one of these such rounds and the gel tests were promising. I am sure he can tell us a lot more about how they performed and if there is anything worth pursuing. I had thought something like that but that also fraged on the fuselage was what they were looking at for airliner security
Yep I posted it over on Docs forum and he informed me there were tests planed in the near future. Apparently this is not Le Mas RCBD so maybe testing will show some promise. However when I read of a wound cavity only 5" deep I'm not very confindent this stuff will giving performance as per FBI testing procedures.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am not sure where everyone is getting a 5" depth of penetration, in all the testing I've seen to date, the PRL/DRT bullets have penetrated at least twice that depth...

As I stated elsewhere:

"Now that everyone has had some fun and ignoring the advertising hype, let's look at the reality of the DRT ammo. DRT is basically producing the JAG approved PRL rifle projectiles BH loaded and that were in U.S. SOF use in the late 1990's. The PRL 5.56 mm and 7.62x51 mm rounds offered superb accuracy and terminal performance, however PRL had some production and QC difficulties. Dr. Fackler presented a paper in the IWBA Journal discussing the 5.56 mm 76 gr PRL rifle projectiles: Fackler, ML: "Tungsten Frangible Bullet Wounds in Pig: Exam by Autopsy and X-Ray". Wound Ballistic Review (4)3:33-34 Spring 2000. We independently tested the 61 and 87 gr versions of the PRL bullet at the CHP Academy in late 1999 and had similar results."
The former head of the AMU has written the following about the PRL/DRT bullets:

"Powell River Laboratories loads a very heavy tungsten core bullet that flies true. They are very much in business, but like many companies their sales are almost exclusively to the US Government. At approximately $1 a bullet (just the projo) back in 2003 you can see why...We shot 87s at 600 for Rattle Battle and 1,000 in lieu of Sierra 80s and JLK 90s. It was like stealing candy from a baby. My predecessor, "Mac" Johnson put the ka-bosh on them because no other team could afford to load or shoot 'em. Wouldn't have been "Sporting" if you had an "Unfair advantage." Fortunately there are lines of work where we're looking for overmatch. The PRL line ran from 00 Buck and 9mm up to .45s, 300s, and 338s. They're frangibles, so aren't good for anything behind any kind of cover. There's a bounty of $25 a tail for each feral hog you harvest on Fort Benning. You can have great fun with PRLs on hogs out of M4s and MP-5s."
Ironically, the PRL/DRT rifle bullets are true "Blended Metal" bullets that actually work... On the other hand, the 9 mm PRL handgun bullets did NOT offer increased terminal performance and behaved just like ball in soft tissue. DRT just sent some of their current production handgun and rifle ammo--I'll post results in the near future, as we are in the midst of extensive testing right now.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Thanks for the info Doc.

Would still rather switch to the 6.8 and be done with the poodle shooter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts