6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While CB is out of 6.8 brass I went on a hunt.... I found new Nosler 6.8 brass at an ok price how does it stack up to S&B?

·
Super Moderator
21,508 Posts
SSA brass used to be the good stuff. After Nosler bought them out, a little chatter has come to cause one to believe the standard has been lowered. If you watch their ammo production notification emails... there's a lot of .300WTF and 6.5 Grumble being produced... but rarely do you see 6.8 ammo being offered up like it used to be before the buy out. I'd probably lean towards the CBB offerings.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Like Federal, it's good brass but doesn't have the life span of S&B, but then nothing lasts as long as S&B. I bought a few bulk boxes from Shooter's Pro Shop and am accumulating the brass to sell. The ammo is a little underpowered but works fine in my rifles.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I hear what your saying. I just wonder if I bought 1000 pieces and only reloaded it 6 times that would be 6000 rounds. Then you consider the S&B brass I've bought and still loading, at my age that would last awhile. Make sense? I'll hold off and THANK YOU!!!!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I have a bit of S&B brass left that I will put up tomorrow once I ship the current orders and see how much is left. The next batch will be here in July.
I tried again to get it unprimed however they will not produce it that way.
Thank you guys for supporting CBB

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry Stephi, I'm one who beat you to that S&B brass from CBB this time. I was looking at the new Nosler stuff too but decided to go with CBB and S&B. Cant wait to check it out. Is there a reason that unprimed is a better option, other than the hazmat shipping cost? Are the S&B primers too? I'm assuming so.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Vickers Tactical did a tour of the S&B facility and posted it on YouTube. He said they make their own primers.
I, for one, like the primed S&B brass. I use CCI #41 primers after the first firing and can’t tell any difference.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Sorry Stephi, I'm one who beat you to that S&B brass from CBB this time. I was looking at the new Nosler stuff too but decided to go with CBB and S&B. Cant wait to check it out. Is there a reason that unprimed is a better option, other than the hazmat shipping cost? Are the S&B primers too? I'm assuming so.
Yes just the hazmat shipping. I personally like the S&B primers they use. I use CCI 450 primers after the first firing and cannot tell the difference.
Just some have asked if I can get it unprimed. Which I cannot.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Searching around for brass as well, I only used SSA back before the buyout. I got some Hornady brass from Graf and Sons. How does that brass stack up to S&B?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Just put 6 more 250 count bags of S&B primed brass up on the site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wouldn't recommend the current SSA 6.8 SPC brass. I bought some last year from Midway on sale. It seems noticeably softer than the original SSA 6.8 brass I have, to the point that I would have to go back and reduce loads if I wanted to keep using it. If I remember correctly, the old and new SSA cases have a slightly different head stamp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts