6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a friend with a Winchester model 70 in 25 WSSM. Ammo is pretty hard to find around here so he got some dies and bullets and we worked up a couple of loads. We were shooting at 200 yards and when we finished with his rifle, I decided to check the zero on my 6.8 SBR. When I worked up the initial loads I did most of it at 100 yards as I thought the 4X scope did not have enough magnification to help me get consistent results at distances beyond that. This time we used MR63 target - the bullseye is approximately 12" across and it makes for a much bigger aim point. We also used a Lead Sled and it made it much easier to hold the reticle centered on the target.

At first I fired only three shots to confirm the zero but when I got down to the target, I saw that all three rounds were neatly inside the X ring. At the risk of spoiling this neat little group I went back and fired two more rounds. Much to my delight, the five shot group measures 1.5". The X-ring measures 1.75" across.

This is the original load I worked up with AA2200 and the Nosler 115CC. With 27.7 grains it chronographs an average speed of 2290 fps out of my Wilson 11.3" barrel. Not exactly a barn burner but as far as being able to hit what you're aiming at, this is a great load for me....and I just HAD to tell somebody about it!!!

·
Administrator
22,078 Posts
Congrats. I need to work up a load for my stash of these pills. Nice to see they fly true.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts