6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go to Bend, Oregon today for work so I figured I would stop by Nosler and check on their 6.8 Accubonds. I was informed that the next planned runs for both of these will be the beginning of October and most likely Midwayusa will get theirs first. Of course this will work out perfectly for me since I will be in the middle of no where hunting during those weeks so I will get home just in time for everyone to be bought out (they actually put a cell phone tower on the middle of the mountain so I will just order off of my phone).

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I had to go to Bend, Oregon today for work so I figured I would stop by Nosler and check on their 6.8 Accubonds. I was informed that the next planned runs for both of these will be the beginning of October and most likely Midwayusa will get theirs first. Of course this will work out perfectly for me since I will be in the middle of no where hunting during those weeks so I will get home just in time for everyone to be bought out (they actually put a cell phone tower on the middle of the mountain so I will just order off of my phone).
Thanks for the update. I hope you mentioned how so many of us are awaiting their product and how they could boost production.

thanks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thank you for the update. I appreciate that Nosler will finally be producing these again, though I think it would have been better planning to get them on the shelves with a littl mor time before hunting season.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Nosler response

I sent Nosler an email a week or so ago.......This is what I got today.

Our latest production schedule puts us running these bullets in 3 months as of right now unfortunately. They are ran seasonally like all of our other bullets; usually once per year. I would invite you to take a look at our 90gr. Bonded Solid Base bullet. It retains 95-98% weight retention at most velocities, and has an extremely consistent mushroom expansion. Our feedback, as well as our personal field use suggest to us that the 90gr. BSB is perhaps the very best we produce for most hog hunting parameters out of the 6.8 SPC.

Best regards,

Nosler Inc.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
90gr. Bonded Solid Base bullet. .... has an extremely consistent mushroom expansion.

I have test the 6.8mm 90 BSB and it very much acts like an AccuBond in close. It just doesn't have a good BC [0.227 est.] to carry its energy down range and without a ballistic tip with the expansion cavity underneath it, won't expand much below 2100 fps. But inside 100-150 yards it should perform well. Regarding Nosler's statement above, I have tested many .223 64gr BSB. As long as you are in its velocity range for expansion, they expanded well and look like clones of each other - very consistent.

I need better reach so will be waiting for the AccuBonds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts