6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking in from Calaveras County, in the Land of the 10-rd EBR.

Just got a swinging deal on a 6.8 marked Ameetec lower - so now I guess I'll have to build it. Lately I've gotten tired of "shooting poodles" and looking for a little more kick - was leaning toward a .308 build until this lower came along.

I've always liked the characteristics of 6.8SPC. I'm not much of a long distance guy, but want some punch out to 300-400 yds. so the fit is good. Now I'm here to learn about what I've gotten myself into.

First question: Any LPKs to stay away from in the Ameetec? Any known issues on this lower?
Second question: What is the consensus (or just your opinion <G>) on two-stage vs. Timiney trigger? Again, not for precision shooting but for general mayhem and punching holes. Or is there anotherr choice?

Thanks for this Forum and your wise advice.......

Steve

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Welcome aboard angel.

Any LPK will work with the Ameetec. I'd get an LMT, Bushmaster, Stag or any other good quality LPK.

As far as triggers, I like the 2-stage triggers myself. The WOA tuned RRA is hard to beat in terms of price and reliability.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Welcome, Steve

I am also a believer in the CMT stuff for LPK's. The only ones I have ever had problems with are the Model 1 Sales LPK's. I am not sure what they use but some of the parts were not up to par.

As for triggers, if you are just punching paper and maybe doing some hunting, then you should consider getting a stock Bushmaster or RRA trigger and sending it to Bill Springfield. He does an amazing $40 trigger job that brings the pull down to 4lbs. I like single stage, and that is want you'll get with this setup.

Here is his email if you want to contact him for more info:

[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome, Paulo & HTR

And appreciate the feedback. I have a couple of different LPKs and it's good to know I don't have to worry which one. I've also got an RRA 2-stage trigger, but will probably leave it out for now & go with the trigger job HTR suggested.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts