6.8 SPC Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Here in NC there is some brass available but it usually is more unusual the cartridges. At both gun clubs where I am a member there is a pretty brisk business with folks buying, selling, or trading brass and to some degree components. That is probably like it is everywhere else. Ammo seems to be easing a bit but it is mostly the mainstream stuff. You will be hard pressed to find any 6.8 SPC on any of the gun store shelves.

I recently helped a friend build out a Valkyrie upper because he found a guy selling a bunch of ammo at a decent price. I have Dillon presses so he also got dies so that we could keep him in ammo for it.

My guess is that this is going to continue for some time to come. I wish it weren't so but it is a fact of the world we live in.
Where I’m at, people still wearing masks… while driving in there own cars by themselves or jogging with there dogs with masks. On one hand I feel sorry for these poor souls who live in fear but on the other hand stupid is as stupid does
But I dont know if its so much that they live in fear (Im sure they do) but the fact that theyre like those RUUMBA vaccuums that you turn loose in your house to vaccuum the floor, they just walk around bumping into themselves. They obey the rules because theyve been told to. They cant, dont or both, think for themselves. They just do what theyve been told to do.

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
I'm very new to reloading, is it feasible to buy the S&B FMJ's and pull the bullet collect the powder and roll your own?
Yes, it would be possible but why do it? The rounds are capable of decent accuracy and you still have the brass for reloading later.

Reactions: greentick

·
Registered
5.56, 6.5 CM, 6.8 SPC, 300 Blackout, all AA Piston AR's.
2 Posts
Not to mention after firing through your chamber then all you need to do is bump them back .003 and they are a better fit than new brass .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just about at the point of buying the S&B FMJ ammo and using that for brass after shooting it once. It's just impossible to find good brass. I saw Graf had some Priv Partisan LRP brass last week but I really want to stick with SRP.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I'm just about at the point of buying the S&B FMJ ammo and using that for brass after shooting it once. It's just impossible to find good brass. I saw Graf had some Priv Partisan LRP brass last week but I really want to stick with SRP.
Another option would be to buy S&B ptsp and save the brass . They are the best factory hunting bullet available .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
536 Posts
I bought a LOT of the S&B 110 gr FMJ years ago when PSA was selling it for about $8 per box. I’ve pulled the 110 gr FMJ bullet and replaced it with a 110 grain AccuBond and my son and I have killed a truckload of deer with it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Has anyone reloaded the winchester brass yet? I have about 600 pieces ive been training with (its got some decent accuracy potential, but seems way under powered) at shorter ranges and getting my wife some much needed carbine practice. I have yet to reload it because the primers are all crimped and I was going to make it my TAC30 brass, but if its as good as other winchester brass, it may just be worth rolling some 90gr GD pulls into.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts