6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the news services report a Military Coup taking place in Turkey. Unclear at this point who or what is going on.

·
Registered
246 Posts
All the news services report a Military Coup taking place in Turkey. Unclear at this point who or what is going on.
from what I can gather from the readers over at breitbart, this is the 'secular' military throwing out the radical muslim leadership; kinda like Egypt a few years back.
If so, I say Bravo!

I wonder who's next? There's got to be one or two more 'waiting' to happen before we have ours in November. Or were we planning something more exciting than a polluted "election"??? :a21::):a32:

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
from what I can gather from the readers over at breitbart, this is the 'secular' military throwing out the radical muslim leadership; kinda like Egypt a few years back.
If so, I say Bravo!

I wonder who's next? There's got to be one or two more 'waiting' to happen before we have ours in November. Or were we planning something more exciting than a polluted "election"??? :a21::):a32:
It can go both ways. Key NATO partner.The military has the control of TV and airports. They want a functional Democracy.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Coup might have been a good thing. Erdogan
is trying to have sole power. Sounds like
he wants supreme rule. What will he be like
when he doesn't have to listen to anybody.
Sounds like a new dictatorship.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Coup might have been a good thing. Erdogan
is trying to have sole power. Sounds like
he wants supreme rule. What will he be like
when he doesn't have to listen to anybody.
Sounds like a new dictatorship.
Succes of the coup would have been a great thing. Erdogan will now push harder than ever to go full Islamist, undoing the work of Ataturk nearly a 100 years ago. And our traitorous president fully supports Erdogan, just like he did Morsi in Egypt. Both Erdogan and Morsi are Muslim Brotherhood spawn.

The future of the world is looking bleak.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I say we get together with Russia and nuke Ankara and Riyadh. We allow the Armenians, the Kurds, Cypriots and Russians to divvy up Turkey while we invade SA and plant the US flag on our new oil fields!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts