6.8 SPC Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Premium Member
1,093 Posts
My same experience altho my starburst was not too bad. It was the green that makes the most difference to me. My son is red-green color blind but he says he can see the green much better than the red.

But beyond all that, the sights you narrowed down to are all good from my perspective. I have really liked my Holosun green dot and I think I might try the one you singled out when I need another one if I don't go prism. Variety is the spice of life, right? LOL

On a side note to Nativeman30, I have had cataract surgery on both eyes and I will be 81 next week so even tho I have great vision reading eye charts, my light gathering capability is not that great in low light situations. I switched my lever actions, for the most part, to Skinner Aperture sights which helped a lot. I think that is the reason I started buying "red dots" for a number of my guns.

· Registered
592 Posts
Biggie which Holosun Green Dot do you have? I've been looking at them.

Want another green dot, but not really happy with the Romeo. Have 2 Red and 1 Green. They have parallax and the Juliet causes multiple dot images and starring. I can improve issues by brightness and distance adjustments, but not eliminate them. So seriously looking at Holosun.

· Registered
1,250 Posts

Want another green dot, but not really happy with the Romeo. Have 2 Red and 1 Green. They have parallax and the Juliet causes multiple dot images and starring. I can improve issues by brightness and distance adjustments, but not eliminate them. So seriously looking at Holosun.
If I went holosun I would probably go with their 507c, or wait for thier combo redot thermal from shot show if its for a rifle

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

Lol, well I wanted to buy the HE515GM-GR. In my excitement to get it and not putting on my glass I got the HE515GT-GR. Only real difference is one has aluminum verses titanium housing. Size and weight a touch different and don't think titanium really needed. That and on Black Friday sale the titanium price was close to the aluminum one.

I like it a LOT. Will probably get an aluminum one to for my .223 Wylde AR.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
It is for a rifle. 507c seems pistol oriented.
I find the solar ones gimmicky. I prefer the adjustments on the top which solar doesn't have, also don't like the battery tray on the solar ones. Haven't been shooting outside yet so using the top of circle on indoor target. The Co-witness QD mount is decent and see no need to replace it. Might want something a touch higher later, but definitely can hold of spending for now.

Not an expert on parallax but I haven't really noticed it, then again indoor on a lane for now. does burst a bit but no where like my red Romeo 5.

· Registered
592 Posts
Looks like gonna be two, a basic for your 1K and a pro for lot of ching. Little rich for me since I don't see me using thermal.
This is for a HD rifle, so I can see the advantage of a thermal for it. I can also see a thermal for Yotes for us. Will just have to wait to see how each stacks up. Been thinking about one for a few years. Wanting them to get better and less expensive first. Almost went IR.

I was liking the prices on 403s. Probably give the elite a try for now.

· Registered
592 Posts
I think they both are NV one is better resolution I believe.

NV would be better out hunting. IR Emitters all over place would work well, until they don't I guess.

We have IR optics now, just not scopes. Came close a couple of times, they both seem to be getting better and cheaper. If we had more time to hunt at night it would have pushed us over the edge already.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I think they both are NV one is better resolution I believe.

NV would be better out hunting. IR Emitters all over place would work well, until they don't I guess.

We have IR optics now, just not scopes. Came close a couple of times, they both seem to be getting better and cheaper. If we had more time to hunt at night it would have pushed us over the edge already.
Definitely can see advantage of either NV or thermal if I was out hunting hogs. Just not something I'm doing up here. Looks like the DRS-NV going to be the 1K price range. The DRS-TH Pro going for more than double. That is a whole lot of bacon need to be harvested to make worthwhile.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Yep, we don't have any hogs either. Just dogs, pdogs & yotes. They say there are some Russian Hybrids escaping Canada that can survive in the great plains. I hope not.
In the land that has the Minuteman rolling in his grave, that I call Mass-of-two-shits, we have some stupid laws. I can't buy a new AR lower since we have an "assault weapons ban". I can however go out and buy a pre-ban lower or rifle on Gun Broker from anywhere- nothing like paying a premium for 30 year old stuff. Same with 30rd magazines. Though in the state with some of the best leftist universities in the country, which means no knowledge of weapons making the laws, I can take those old 30ties mags that I put new Wolff springs and Magpul followers in to stick into a brand new Trevor or Springfield Armory (not the original one in my city, with a great museum) Hellion.

The Wile E coyote not big problem here but the Eastern Coyote is a bigger, more robust animal than its Western cousin.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Shot show recap:

The new SCRS for rifles looks interesting, mainly due to the size. The Accufire Incendis PRO looked interesting if I was into thermal, liked the battery choice over Holosun since my surefire already uses 18650.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts