6.8 SPC Forums banner

newbie from WV

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Steve T 
#1 ·
Hi everyone-I'm looking for a 6.8 because I'd like an AR with a little more umph than the 223,of which I have 2. I wanted to get a RRA mid length but they say it would be a 12 to 15 week wait, so I'll have to find an alternative. I'm really looking for just an upper right now. Rich

#4 ·
Welcome. I also second going with Kotonics. You will have a very good rifle with what is the best barrel you can get for the 6.8 in a production gun. You will also get it usually in under a week. Tim the owner not to be confused with me Tim_W also has what is some of the best QC and customer service in the business. As an example early on he was using a normally SAAMI spec barrel. When he figured out what they should be he offered and swapped out anyone that had the old barrel design for the new free of charge. How many business do yo know that would do something like that. just imagine the cost he ate doing that. I would say that is someone that stands behind his products.

Tim

#5 ·
I would recommend the Kotonics over the model1sales upper.

From my experience, my first 6.8 was a model1sales upper. All the rounds I shot thru it with its 1 in 9.5 twist showed signs of high pressure on the primer. Trying to shoot the SSA Extreme resulted in several primers blowing out and even a broken extractor.

I then found this forum and Tim at Kotonics. I read about the modified chamber and 1 in 11 twist. Since I like the 6.8 round, I purchased an 18" upper. I have found this to handle the pressures better (allowing for higher velocity loads).

Also I found the accuracy of my Kotonics to be 1 moa compared to about 2 moa on the model1sales upper (which was shot on the same day, same ammo, and with the same lower. )

Hope this helps.

Steve T.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.