6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

This looks like a great site to learn about the 6.8. I really like the atmosphere here so far.

I picked up a RRA 5.6 complete lower several weeks ago at local gun show with the premise of adding a complete RRA Predator upper. I was told I could use this lower with a 6.8 upper if I decided to go the 6.8 route. My only reservation about this setup is that the lower is marked 5.56 instead of 6.8.

After reading about the 6.8 and watching videos on youtube, I am now looking for a complete 6.8 upper capable of handling the SSA combat loads. I have a friend that can assemble an AR in his sleep so I might try the custom build route as well.

I also plan to reload this cartridge on a 550B. So I am very interested in dies, brass, powder and recipes too!

Look forward to learning more about the 6.8 SPC

Kind Regards

·
Registered
54 Posts
secman,
welcome to the board!!!
dont worry about your lower being marked 5.56. that is nothing to worry about.
check out our reloading forum there is lots of great info there, in fact i learned to reload from it, well and with a little reading of reloading manuals.
there are lots of great 6.8 barrels out there now. you might want to check out ar-15 performances barrels. i am super happy with mine.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
welcome aboard.

I have been asking the very same questions so if you search for my recent posts you can get a lot of good information. this is a really great board and everyone here is really cool. I would say its probarly the best board I have been on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts