6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You would think NY has enough problems without adding this to the mix. NRA legal team probably can't wait to get this into court.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
State Government going after private organizations with the purpose to shut them down because they defend the US Constitution and one of its Amendments. Death by 1000 cuts. The NRA needs our support.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The NRA is a civil rights organization. If this isn't proof the left is anti-civil rights, what else is needed? The NY AG will move to freeze the NRA's assets (our money) and get a list of all members/donors under the guise of protecting us. They will then have a list for the new Democratic Gestapo. What is worse, we will allow it to happen. X-Man is right, one more step in the dismantling of our rights and freedoms.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You would think NY has enough problems without adding this to the mix. NRA legal team probably can't wait to get this into court.

New York is Wagging the Dog. It desperately needs a distraction and a scapegoat to blame for its monumental failures. The NRA is the perfect target. With the left's stranglehold on the media, the NRA will never have it's voice heard and it will be vilified worse than ever.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe it's going to help the NRA. Any time there's a gun grab their membership and donations double. I don't think it will gain any traction outside of NY courtrooms, but it will fill NRA coffers for the coming election.

·
Registered
95 Posts
One has to look at the true motivation and tactical reasoning for the timing of this action by the NY AG. It is known that the NRA usually provides a level of funding and support for Republican candidates for office. This should come as no surprise as Republicans, nearly universally, are strong supporters of gun rights, something the left for some reason loathes. Aside from being a royal PITA, this lawsuit, by design mind you, will serve to divert and drain available funds in order to fight this frivolous act, funds which would/could/should be used to support conservative candidates in the coming elections. I do however believe that in this case, the move is so blatantly politically motivated, that it will blow back on them like a clogged barrel in a cheap pistol. I like to give the American people credit for being intelligent, possessing the mental acuity to observe situations and come to realistic conclusions based upon empirical evidence. Lets all hope that I am right on this, otherwise, come November, we, as a freedom loving Nation and peoples, are hosed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'll rejoin the NRA when their leadership changes. Two things I do not donate to, vacation homes for televangelists and $1000 suits and plush vacations for executives

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
NRA will be ecstatic. Now they have a new fund raising focus that will bring out more new members.
Should be a "moment in history". Sure hope the NRA survives and even better gets larger.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't realize LaPierre was such cancer in the organization.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Wayne and his cronies soak up a lot be of money. They went all out to bury Oliver North when he stepped down citing misdeeds by Wayne and his clique. According to the following, running a non profit is quite profitable.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a pretty damning article. It looks like Lapierre needs to step down for the good of the organization. And that non- board approved "$17 million retirement package" needs to go away. The article never says who in the NRA approved it just that the board wasn't involved.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Wayne and his cronies soak up a lot be of money. They went all out to bury Oliver North when he stepped down citing misdeeds by Wayne and his clique. According to the following, running a non profit is quite profitable.
it always has been for dishonest people.... We had a local non-profit dog rescue guy that the media exploited and worshiped, he started living in a brand new mansion, huge dog shelter building, fleet of vans... and his personal records showed a salary of 250k year.

My wife and I run a dog rescue with several repeat donors, we pay ourselves NOTHING, she even feels guilty filling my tank on a 5 hour round trip to go pick up a rescue about to be killed.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Unfortunately there is a long list of "charities" and nonprofits that pay their executives incredibly High salaries. Wounded Warriors, Susan G Komen and American Red Cross to name a few, have all had scandals surrounding obscenely High compensation. None of these organizations fit New York state attorney general's political agenda. Wayne LaPierre's salary is well beyond excessive compared to these other lavish pay packages. I do not know the NRA's percentage of executive compensation versus education, fighting for our civil rights, etc, however Susan G Komen Foundation pays itself over 60% of all money collected. Only spending about 20% of all money collected toward actual breast cancer research.

·
Registered
771 Posts
An excellent article about what is happening with the NRA has been written by Kevin D. Williamson of the National Review. The NRA is powerful because of its membership, not its monetary contributions. I started to have questions about what was going on when Oliver North was removed. Since I am a Benefactor Member I hope it survives and gets stronger but without LaPierre.

Reactions: Strawdawg

·
Registered
5 Posts
LaPierre has been on the National stage taking slings and arrows for us for around 30 years. If it were not for his leadership and outspoken support of the gun rights community we would not be talking about any "black guns " in public. The assult weapons law of the '90s would have been permanent, Gore would have been president and all kinds of onerous gun laws would have been passed. We might have even seen the 2A repealed.
He has earned whatever we have paid him. I have met him many times and he has the most humble spirit of anyone in a like position I have seen. Every time I thanked him for what he does he has said, "It's all you guys, it's all the work of the members."
That being said, this is an attack on the membership and our political might by the Soros supported AG. LaPierre has been chosen as the target to sow chaos and attack our organization. It may be in the best interest of the cause for him to step aside.
I too am a Benefactor member as is my wife. We have 5 sons that are Endowment or Life members and several grandkids that are Lifers too. We have attended every National meeting in this century.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts