6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this Ruger Security 9 Saturday at the gun show. Couldn’t turn it down for $300! It feels a lot like a Glock 19, but has a slimmer grip. 15 round capacity, very unobtrusive manual safety, and internal hammer fired. It’s rained like hell for a couple days so I haven’t fired it yet. I’ll report back when I get the chance.

Attachments

·
Registered
661 Posts
Toys, toys and more toys. Will we ever get
enough. Never, our brains are are never satisfied.
There is always another toy that begs us to
take it home. It would be unamerican to leave
it behind.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Toys, toys and more toys. Will we ever get
enough. Never, our brains are are never satisfied.
There is always another toy that begs us to
take it home. It would be unamerican to leave
it behind.
You said a mouthful there! I’ll get to a point where I think I’ve got all my firearms needs covered, and then.......

·
Registered
136 Posts
You said a mouthful there! I’ll get to a point where I think I’ve got all my firearms needs covered, and then.......
Wow I've been there way too many times... But on the Bright Side You have a new Toy!!! I have to get off the internet now!!!

Enjoy!

Steve

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took the Ruger to the range today and ran a few mags through it. The trigger pull is nice for a poly gun, and much better than a Glock. Tried steel case ammo, Hornady Critical Defense, and some Nato spec with great results.

These poly pistols aren’t very exciting for me to shoot, but they do have a purpose, which for me is home defense. I’m a revolver man, but the 15 round capacity of the Ruger is nice if I need it. Now I need some tritium sights.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hickok45 has a good review on this pistol. He had a loaner from buds, but also bought one for himself, he liked it so well. Raved about the trigger, had his g19 to compare for size.

I've followed a lengthy thread on ruger forum, a few have had some issues, but don't recall the issue. I've never had an issue with a firearm I couldn't correct.

This one's on my list, looking forward to seeing one in person.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hickok45 has a good review on this pistol. He had a loaner from buds, but also bought one for himself, he liked it so well. Raved about the trigger, had his g19 to compare for size.

I've followed a lengthy thread on ruger forum, a few have had some issues, but don't recall the issue. I've never had an issue with a firearm I couldn't correct.

This one's on my list, looking forward to seeing one in person.
I actually just got the pistol back from Ruger. After a couple hundred rounds, it started misfiring a couple rounds or more per mag with several different brands of brass case ammo.

It arrived back after only five days working perfectly. They replaced the firing pin(I’m guessing it was too short), and did a mod on the slide. Can’t find any machining marks on the slide, so they may have just replaced the whole slide assembly. Whatever they did it’s even more accurate than before.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I actually just got the pistol back from Ruger. After a couple hundred rounds, it started misfiring a couple rounds or more per mag with several different brands of brass case ammo.

It arrived back after only five days working perfectly. They replaced the firing pin(I’m guessing it was too short), and did a mod on the slide. Can’t find any machining marks on the slide, so they may have just replaced the whole slide assembly. Whatever they did it’s even more accurate than before.
My dad bought a ruger AR not to long ago and it wouldn't cycle lower powered ammo. Ruger sent him a return label, replaced barrel and gas block, and had it back to him in less than a week. Hard to beat that kind of customer service! Never been a huge ruger fan but that alone sold me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ruger hit a home run with the price. Latest toy I bought was a steyr m9a1. Trigger is way better than the glocks, and triangle sights are actually nice. How you suppose to mainly use the front sight for fast target acquisition, they help.

My wife says I have a sickness and need help !
Same thing mine has said. So, don't buy more guns, buy some accessories ! They wont notice!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Same thing mine has said. So, don't buy more guns, buy some accessories ! They wont notice!
I am very fortunate. As long as household expenses are covered, it's "her money" and "my money". I do keep a list with current values and S/Ns for her just in case. She know who to bring them to who won't rip her off. Accessories and ammo are another story. Someone is going to make some money once they sort it all out since she'll being selling it as one lot.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Last gun we bought was for my wife. She saw one advertised on TV and sparked her interest. We went to the gun show looking for it, found one and took it home. In fact the last two handguns we bought were for her. She has arthritis and needs something easy to rack. We bought her the S&W M&P 380 shield EZ. Going to go shoot it on Monday. The last one was a Walther CCP, this one racks even easier.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Last gun we bought was for my wife. She saw one advertised on TV and sparked her interest. We went to the gun show looking for it, found one and took it home. In fact the last two handguns we bought were for her. She has arthritis and needs something easy to rack. We bought her the S&W M&P 380 shield EZ. Going to go shoot it on Monday. The last one was a Walther CCP, this one racks even easier.
I've tried to get my wife a semi auto, but she likes my GP100. She's a dead shot with it too. My daughter also likes the 357 so I rarely get to shoot it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
The only gun I ever sold was a stainless Ruger Security Six. Needed money for the family but I have always regretted selling it. I loved the .357 reloads and my wife loved shooting it with .38 special.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The only gun I ever sold was a stainless Ruger Security Six. Needed money for the family but I have always regretted selling it. I loved the .357 reloads and my wife loved shooting it with .38 special.
I also had a 4” stainless Security Six that got sold for the same reason. Bought my GP100 to replace it a few years later.

·
Super Moderator
21,597 Posts
My wife says I have a sickness and need help !
And, she's absolutely right... tell her to HELP you and go buy more guns for you. She's supposed to BE a "help mate", isn't she? :a08:

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Took the Security 9 to the range with a buddy who owns a Glock 19. We were both ringing steel at 100 with the Ruger, but the Glock was hit or miss. I’m still happy with my Ruger!

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Took the Security 9 to the range with a buddy who owns a Glock 19. We were both ringing steel at 100 with the Ruger, but the Glock was hit or miss. I’m still happy with my Ruger!
and it still has that nice front rail for additional toy addons!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts