6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am confused about the bullet diameter. 6.8mm is 0.267717 inches, but I have seen on a couple of sites where they say 6.8 bullet is .224. That has to be a typo or just wrong, doesn't it?

Thanks,
Trav

·
Super Moderator
22,098 Posts
6.8 is the same diameter as a .270.

·
Super Moderator
12,110 Posts
.277 diameter bullet.

Reactions: lupint2t

·
Super Moderator
12,110 Posts
.267717 rounds to .277.
It would take a very expensive tool to measure it out that minute a number. I doubt you would ever find two projectiles exactly the same if you could.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. I get that .267717 is not really an achievable measurement for a bullet. My point was that converting 6.8mm to inches wasn't close to what the two articles I read said was the dimension of the bullet, where they said it was a .224.

Thanks for all the quick replies.
Trav

·
Super Moderator
12,110 Posts
Yeah. I get that .267717 is not really an achievable measurement for a bullet. My point was that converting 6.8mm to inches wasn't close to what the two articles I read said was the dimension of the bullet, where they said it was a .224.

Thanks for all the quick replies.
Trav
Big mistake. That is a 223 or 5.56 projectile. Someone is either clueless or it was a major brain fart. Editing should have caught it before it went to publishing.

Reactions: Txmedic1292

·
Registered
65 Posts
Maybe they were discussing using a variant of the 6.8 SPC with neck sized down to shoot 224 bullets? Who knows??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had to have been a brain fart. These were articles discussing the different length barrels for the 6.8. I just thought I was missing something obvious.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think that I can tell you why they choose to call it 6.8 instead of 6.86. As I have become older and more cynical, I have settled upon the following explanation: "First, they got a keg of beer ...... ":giggle:
This, "they get a keg of beer" answer is actually a sliding scale, depending upon the idiocy of the result. There are, in fact, quite a few "two keggers" and the occasional "three kegger."

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Now I want to see this article. I get some sence of enjoyment see others ignorance especally when they claim to be a expert.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now I want to see this article. I get some sence of enjoyment see others ignorance especally when they claim to be a expert.
Here is one of them, it's in the paragraph labeled what's The 6.8 SPC's Preferred barrel Length:

·
Registered
381 Posts
That article is so full of typos, etc it is downright painful to read. English to Chinese to English?

Muzzle flash brake hider. Titanium barrels. .227" 6.8 bullets. Remington 6.8 SPC. The barrel moves for rifle twist rate. Barrels can overheat from continuous semi-automatic shooting. Barrel profile is length and width. You only gain 30ft/sec going from 16"- 20". 20in is more accurate. Muzzle thread on the barrel top. Wilson Combat Barrels have wrongly cut chambers. Black hole weaponry uses arch-shaped rifling to offer gentle valley and hill forms for additional accuracy, enhanced gas cutting that caudle three polygonal rifling for longer barrel precision. For the barrel to be broken properly, you’ll have to discharge up to 50 rounds.

I can't read anymore...

Reactions: Strawdawg

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Painful but entertaining to read. Aside from all the typos and incorrect technical info. It is obvious the author is a Wilson combat fan boy.

Don't get me wrong they make great barrels but there are alot of other cheaper options avaliabe that are not even mentioned that could be considered equalivant or better. Plus what about the bolt and mag those are kinda important too ya and why is there a pistol barrels at the end.

It is obvious they are under the impression you have to purchase the highest priced components to get a good rifle and rely to industry buzz words (tactical, DMR, etc) to make up for lack of technical knowledge.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Also in metric measurement of barrel they measure minimum diameter, the lands, in standered or American lol we measure the grove diameter. Like for round numbers 7mm lands are 0.275 and grove measurement is 0.284

1 - 16 of 16 Posts