6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEW ITEM JUST RELEASED
SSA 6.8SPC 100GR NOSLER ACCU BOND BONDED BALLISTIC TIP

Benefits:
lighter round than the 110gr Nosler Accu Bond resulting in higher velocity, 2650FPS
increased accuracy and overall better terminal performance than 110 gr
no overpenetration on gel tests
Designed to meet optimum performance for FBI use.

www.ssarmory.com

· Registered
7,772 Posts
Gel pics :D

you can email them to me and I will host if you like...

tripacessecurity at gmail dot com.....

· Registered
905 Posts
constructor said:
You guys are making it real difficult for that other crowd to say the 6.8 doesn't have many bullet choices. :)
Over on that other forum under the variants section, I actually read where someone posted that the 6.5G has more ammo manufactures and bullet choices than the 6.8). I thought about replying but just figured it would be a waist of my time.

· Registered
9,059 Posts
WOW, you mean that the 6.5 G has a whole two manufacturers, one of which is of questionable quality, offering several loadings gives them a bigger selection of ammo than we have. :wink:

Gee, I didn't know that two manufacturers could turn out more options than six manufacturers! :lol: I have seen loads offered ranging from 85 to 130 grains with multiple bullet styles for the 6.8. A company called BVAC offers a 130 gr bullet loaded in SSA brass. I don't know anything about it but I saw it on an ammo dealer's table at the last gun show, and had to look twice due to the weight on the box.

BVAC advertises that they attend several gun shows in the Salt Lake City area so someone may be able to get some more info on the load. I think it was selling for about the same price as their VMax load, about $19 a box.

On Edit: Found that it looks like I missed two 6.8 manufacturers so that makes a total of 8 companies loading and selling 6.8 ammo.

· Registered
229 Posts
As compared to the 85gr TSX which would be the better all-purpose type round?
Which would be the better performer across a broad spectrum of uses i.e., hunting, home defense, SHTF, barrier penetration, duty, etc.

Curious as to anyone's thoughts on the subject.

· Registered
7,772 Posts
compared to the 85 grain it will have less velocity, but it will be better on light to medium game... the TSX's we aren't completely sure will expand on a shot into the deers vitals... HTR was suppose to test for us but I dont think he did. The accubonds will expand and the 110 grain version has done very well on deer, however on harder targets it wont hold up as well as the 85's such as through glass and such....

of course this is all just a guess since we havent seen any testing done with these new 100 grain.

· Registered
229 Posts
marinesg1012 said:
the TSX's we aren't completely sure will expand on a shot into the deers vitals... HTR was suppose to test for us but I dont think he did.
I will be VERY interested to hear what his results are.

· Registered
7,772 Posts
The gel test show that it opens after about 2 inches of neck... but for light/medium game like deer I would rather have a pro hunter or an accubond a more traditional bullet... unless of course you get stuck in a "lead free" commie state......

· Registered
7,772 Posts
I have asked for both and I have yet to get a solid answer... but I will sendan email to SSA and see if we can get some more info...

· Premium Member
3,178 Posts
I never did shoot a deer with the 85 TSX, in the lungs. I got them in at the end of November. I did shoot one in the base of the neck, and it dropped it in its tracks....a solid DRT.

The reason I never got to test the lung shot was that I had hog hunting parties that were coming in at the "end" of what is my deer season. It lasts through February, so we were shooting lots of hogs with these but not shooting deer at the time.

I'll just have to wait until next season, to do that.

8,980 Posts
HTR said:
I never did shoot a deer with the 85 TSX, in the lungs. I got them in at the end of November. I did shoot one in the base of the neck, and it dropped it in its tracks....a solid DRT.

The reason I never got to test the lung shot was that I had hog hunting parties that were coming in at the "end" of what is my deer season. It lasts through February, so we were shooting lots of hogs with these but not shooting deer at the time.

Hey HTR if you need help with the testing I am always available. I work for free. :D :lol: :D :lol:

· Registered
229 Posts
HTR said:

Thanks for the update HTR.

· Registered
905 Posts
jamesb74 said:
HTR said:

Hey HTR if you need help with the testing I am always available. I work for free. :D :lol: :D :lol:
So am I. And I don't live too far from your ranch. :D

· Registered
3,086 Posts
HTR said:
2650??

I see us getting these going a bit faster than that. At 100 grains, if the BC is .370 or perhaps .390, I think we'll get them to 2750 from 16" barrels, easily.
Art said they could go higher, but the accuracy was starting to drop, so they will be trying a different powder.

· Registered
532 Posts
Is there some sort of chart out there, somewhere, that lists these different factory loads. Something that would list their BC, FPS, bullet weight and type, and then what all they would be good for? Most esp the last part!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.