6.8 SPC Forums banner

New secret 6.8 mag source !

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  MiltonTiger 
#1 ·
I say secret becuase they are not listed on the website and It takes a "technician" to verify stock and process the order... 6.8 mags must be above the gal that answers the phones' pay grade.... You would need to have a catalog to even know they exist....

JTdistributing.... Doublestar corp.

hold your laughs till I finish....

they make thier own 6.8 mags in stainless steel with magpul anti-tilt followrs and chrome silicone springs.... they are black marlube finished and come in 5-10-17-25 rounds... they are 21.99.... I cancelled my c-products order and will try these instead...

#2 ·
Let us know how they work out for yah

#4 ·
:lol:

what turned me on was the standard cs spring and magpul follower.... when I orderd the c-products mags from 44mag they told me they had brown followers.... I called c-products and they were like .. brown, huh? then they told me there was no difference between the magpul and the brown ones... f-it these mags dont need to be upgraded... once I get this effin upper built I can try some of theose plastic tip specials.... those grouped well marinesg.... prolly cuz they are hornady v-max

#6 ·
I will bet you as DocGKR says they are CPs as the Stag ones are. That CS spring CP uses is not the same animal that we talk about when saying great things about CS springs. Its a cheap Chinese spring that rusts easily (many times comes that way)and doesn't have extended life properties like the SSS, ISMI, or tactical springs do. Same with their SS. Just compare it to a PRI and the dif is very obvious. But they make great training mags.

There are only a few AR mag manufactures and even less for the 6.8 specifically. The only ons are PRI, CP ProMag and the company Barrett outsources to to make theres. I makes that last distinction as we are speaking of companies that actually manufacture them and Barrett doesn't in this case.

#9 ·
Mags are worth the money.

We all want the 10 dollar GI mags but then we strip all the guts out and put new followers and everything in and end up with a 25 or 30 dollar mag anyways.

Now I just buy the best mags I can afford whenever I can buy them and go from there.

#10 ·
If anyone is interested, they are not on the J&T website but they are in the catalog.
You can download or view the catalog online and get the item number....

#11 ·
Tim_W said:
That's the kind of disreputable misleading crap that keeps me from buying anything from companies like that.
No doubt. It was last year, I don't remember when, but I called Bushmaster on the phone and spoke with a sales rep. I asked him who made their 6.8 mags and he said they did. So I ordered two and low and behold, CP mags with Bushmaster's floor plate! I was pissed. I could have picked up Barrett's instead for that much money. I don't know if the Rep was lying or if he didn't know and was just reading off the same catalog I was, but that was the last time I bought anything from them.

#14 ·
rcrandall said:
It wouldn't have been that big of a deal if they had been the same price as CP mags from other sources. They obviously jack their prices up, makes me wonder what else they are screwing their customers on.
Admittedly they have to make money on them in order to stay in business. That includes enough to handle servicing any issues, etc. but ideally that would be handled in the discount they get for buying bulk. Having had to price these things for businesses though, it's amazing how quickly the costs of touching anything and reselling it add up if you're accounting for all of them.

#15 ·
They are making money by selling them at the same price you can get them for from the several other companies that sell them for near half that as they are certainly not selling them at a loss. Not only that but they are purposely re-labeling them so they can inflate the price and try to pass it off as their own mag. They know if they say they are CP no one will pay the crazy price so they lie and then can make 5x the profit. If they did that to me they would get not only the mag but the whole gun and anything else I had bought from them back. No matter how great product a company may have if they are dishonest they will not get my money nor my recommendation. As they say on movie court shows all th time" It goes to the character of the witness" if they lie or screw you here then you can be fairly certain its not an isolated thing

#16 ·
the very reason I only ordered 3 and not a whole box... since I live in kommiefornia I cant justify spending 40+ bucks on a 10rd mag.... I had some c-products mags on order for 15.00 but the followers are brown and c-products nore the distributor can tell me why... I saw some pro mags for about the same but the followers are green...???

I will try these and if they suck...I will hock em and move on to c-products and if those suck then... hell .... I really want some PRI 10/25 mags... no one has them

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.