6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The State of NC is working on a bill to tell the Feds. We will not enforce any Federal law on the books or in future. This includes stamps or any new laws. Interesting will have to see where this leads. Other States have passed similar bills. So the State will not enforce SBR Suppressors or any thing else. Will the companies in the State sell you items that require a Stamp! They say the Supreme Court agrees. Will be interesting

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I am betting that those companies will not bypass any federal laws especially within this country any NFA items as the Feds can enforce federal law anywhere. States may tighten laws but cannot loosen nor dismiss federal laws.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I am betting that those companies will not bypass any federal laws especially within this country any NFA items as the Feds can enforce federal law anywhere. States may tighten laws but cannot loosen nor dismiss federal laws.
i have to agree here. the stores FFL is issued by the federal government not the state government and they will not do anything to jeopardize this in any way.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
it is in the right direction however

Wis. has laws on the books stating any feds violating our 2nd in this state will be arrested and charged.

The States know their place (or should if they dont already or forgotten) and the feds need to learn and remember their place according to the constitution

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
The penalties for violating the nfa are pretty steep.... the violations would be directly on the seller and buyer/owner not on state officials.

I'd imagine that not to many FFL's would violate and jepordize their licence, " free" life , and bank account. -- I dividuals might choose to try, but I doubt any legit business would.

As a comparison: Colorado with their pot laws: "legal" pot sellers in co are having hard times doing business--- all business must be done in cash due to credit card companies and banks refusing to support the Colorado laws--- also the pot selling companies are having to "tweak" information on their federal tax filing ---i think the tax violations will be the ultimate downfall to these business in the future as its illegal to lie on a tax report form.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Supposedly per the Supreme Court, the only time that the Federal Govt has control over firearms is when they travel from state to state for commercial purposes, items manufactured and sold within a single state and are not exported beyond that states borders, are under state jurisdiction and not Federal.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The big advantage here would be for private individuals who choose to eg tap a 5/8x24 hole in their oil filters. Would prevent NC state actors from asking about your compliant paperwork for such

When kids get out of school (and grandparents go to meet their maker) we are headed back to NC, can't come soon enough! Except for the grandparents part.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Supposedly per the Supreme Court, the only time that the Federal Govt has control over firearms is when they travel from state to state for commercial purposes, items manufactured and sold within a single state and are not exported beyond that states borders, are under state jurisdiction and not Federal.
This is true.
that is why a ffl transfer doesnt happen between same state residents, we wont let them push that far past their jurisdiction that they are already over already per constitution and supreme court.
i predict we will be seeing a turn for the better regarding our 2nd., 1st and 4th, that is if these brainwashed youngin generation dont mess it up, it may get worse before it gets better though, they may have to wake up 1st.

·
Registered
716 Posts
The tenth amendment restricts to the states all rights not specifically enumerated to the federal government by the constitution.

10. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The federal government has used the commerce clause to get around this for over 100 years. Anything that passes in interstate commerce can be regulated by the fed, this includes guns. The Supreme Court has not ruled against the fed in a commerce clause case yet. Thus the BATFE.

Montana passed a law that any gun made in Montana, sold in Montana, and used in Montana would not come under any federal law and any fed officer trying to enforce the federal law would be arrested and prosecuted. It has not been tested to the best of my knowledge. Some other states followed and passed the same or similar laws.

Now to the problem. The Supreme Court has never accepted a case based on the 10th amendment so they have never had to rule on states rights. That would limit the federal government power. No constitutional authority for 95% of what our "representatives" do.

I tried to keep this about guns so not political.

·
Registered
833 Posts
The big advantage here would be for private individuals who choose to eg tap a 5/8x24 hole in their oil filters. Would prevent NC state actors from asking about your compliant paperwork for such

When kids get out of school (and grandparents go to meet their maker) we are headed back to NC, can't come soon enough! Except for the grandparents part.
I'm ready to move there just for the Flounder fishing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts