6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoy this forum so decided to join. I had Kotonics build an upper last summer. 18" barrel, Yankee Hill fore end, Armalite muzzlebrake. amd lapped bore. Mated it to a DPMS lower. Trigger on lower was lousy, so installed a McCormick trigger. Extremely accurate rifle. I used this rifle to take two whitetails this last fall. Used Silver State Pro Hunter ammo. Both deer were one shot kills. When I skinned these animals I was amazed at the damage done to exit ares of the rib cage. Both had holes big enough to put my fist through. Took pictures to show friends who didn't think the 6.8 was enough gun for deer. I live in North Dakota where it is open country and most people seem to think you need a minimum of .270win. to kill deer. I trust this rifle to easily take a mule deer at 300 yards. Want to try Barnes Triple Shock next year. :lol:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Scott, welcome

I spent some time in Vermillion, SD along Cherry St for a period of 5 weeks. Nice people in SD!

Also Im a big fan of the Pizza Ranch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank's Cold:
Have spent some time in SD, I agree nice people live in cold climates.
We know that the Dakotas are a great place to hunt, fish, and raise a family, 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts