6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,New to the 6.8 but not to guns grew up hunting and shooting.Unfortunatly was not in the military but am now considering l.e. to give back to the area. Picked up reloading a few years back . And with the political climate the way it is decided to buy an ar. Started researching knowing that the 5.56 was weak. And found the 6.8 (time for the angels to sing) Ordered a Doublestar complete rifle and should be here in a couple of days. New to the whole blog thing but it looks like fun. Glad to be here and look forward to contributing.

James

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Welcome aboard....!

What rate of twist and chamber spec does your Double Star have?

There is a wealth of information here and many experienced people to help out...

Kerry

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Welcome, dont be afraid to ask any questions you have.

·
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is the minimum 1:10 for twist. As far as th chamber I will have to check when it gets here I think it is the Saamii. I was impressed with the company and the way they presented themselves. Plus with a unconditional lifetime warranty on the weapon. Seemed impressive. I wouldnt think someone would put out junk that can come back.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts

·
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate it. When it gets here. I will send it off. James

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Paul is getting a reamer that he could send to you to do it... I dont know when it will be in though, I think he talks about it in that thread.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Welcome aboard James. LE is a good way to go, but I'm biased. :D

·
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I am still considering. I am 34 with wife and son. So it would be a complete career and life change. By the way did you happen to see the last repy about the reamer. Is it available? I called the factory and the lead tech had already left for the day but they thought that it was already the spcII chamber. They said to call back tomorrow and confirm. I did call late since I called 5:45 central and there in Ken. James

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
jamesb74 said:
Thanks, I am still considering. I am 34 with wife and son. So it would be a complete career and life change. By the way did you happen to see the last repy about the reamer. Is it available? I called the factory and the lead tech had already left for the day but they thought that it was already the spcII chamber. They said to call back tomorrow and confirm. I did call late since I called 5:45 central and there in Ken. James
I currently have a PTG Reamer that I'm using until the Michiguns Reamer arrives. If the Doublestar has a SAAMI Chamber, you can send me the upper to convert to SPCII or you can wait until the other reamer gets here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts