6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site but not the 6.8SPC. I purchased my first 6.8SPC from MSTN prior to graduating from Georgia Southern approximately 2 years ago. Currently I use a 11.5" Noveske barrel, 7" DD lite rail, Aimpoint T-1 and an assortment of other parts to complete my rifle. My husband and I have been shooting since we met, he and I both enjoy the AR15 platform. I prefer 6.8SPC because I am small and not very strong therefore a short barrel is a must to cut down on weight and improve balance. The improved terminal performance of the 6.8SPC is very appealing to me since I am limited to 10 – 11.5” barrels. I use PRI and C-products magazines and shoot Hornady 110gr OTM ammunition.

~ Heidi

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Welcome aboard Heidi. You have a great taste in gear.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Welcome to the group Heidi! Nice rifle.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Matilda223 said:
I am new to this site but not the 6.8SPC. I purchased my first 6.8SPC from MSTN prior to graduating from Georgia Southern approximately 2 years ago. Currently I use a 11.5" Noveske barrel, 7" DD lite rail, Aimpoint T-1 and an assortment of other parts to complete my rifle. My husband and I have been shooting since we met, he and I both enjoy the AR15 platform. I prefer 6.8SPC because I am small and not very strong therefore a short barrel is a must to cut down on weight and improve balance. The improved terminal performance of the 6.8SPC is very appealing to me since I am limited to 10 – 11.5” barrels. I use PRI and C-products magazines and shoot Hornady 110gr OTM ammunition.

~ Heidi

Well, once again, this site keeps getting more diverse, I THINK you are the first female on the site, welcome.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Welcome, I have my GF use the 6.8 SPC for hunting and shooting for the same reasons.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all of the replies. We managed to get out and shoot on a family friends range yesterday. Lots of steel to shoot at which was a first for me. Reactionary targets, everywhere, are a nice change of pace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts