6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Dad has a YHM 6.8 upper. His has the 16" threaded barrel, not a target crown. No problems with it and taken several deer, pigs, and a few coyotes. His is a few years old, don't know how it would compare to a new YHM barrel. Only thing I really thought was weird about it was the smaller thread size, but that won't affect your target crown barrel.

My 16" (and now 12.5") 6.8 is an ARP barrel. I have no doubt that H's barrel is better, but honestly both barrels shoot better than we do.
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like the yhm will hunt!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have a 16" YHM barrel on my AR. I have an adjustable gas block on it that helps with the carbine gas length. I also run a suppressor. As far as accuracy, I have some loads that are right at an inch, and thats about the accuracy level. I have killed 2 deer with it so far here in Kentucky. I can hit a 12" plate at 330 yards with ease. As much as I would like to get a ARP barrel, this one is accurate enough for my purposes.
[/QUOTE
Thanks for the feedback man thats exactly what i was looking for I appreciate it! Are you getting best accuracy with handloads or factory fodder?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts