6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here to learn more on the 68. Many years on the platform - totally new to the caliber though. I look forward to learning more on the loads and cartridge choices among other 6.8 specific subjects.

Just completed my first 6.8, my newest AR:

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Welcome! .

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
New guy here to learn more on the 68. Many years on the platform - totally new to the caliber though. I look forward to learning more on the loads and cartridge choices among other 6.8 specific subjects.

Just completed my first 6.8, my newest AR:
Welcome, from another resident of Big Sky Country.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome, from another resident of Big Sky Country.
Right on. Thank you. I was persuaded towards the 6.8 by a friend. He built his years ago, out of top shelf parts. After seeing his hunt, take an antelope, carry well, shoot amazingly accurate and then doing further reading on the caliber as well as being a .270 win hunter for years, I finally bit the bullet and plunged into 6.8. As I said, I have some time on the AR-15 and use one "for work". I believe that the 6.8 is here to stay, will continue to grow as a caliber and hopefully one day being accepted as a NATO round (meaning more production, lower prices etc.). We'll see. So far, I am ecstatic with the way the rifle we built came out. On day one after 11 rounds, she was moa and just under at 100 meters (109 yds).

For the curious, the following components were put into my rifle:
PARTS LIST:
X-Caliber SPR Profile 16" Mid-Length 416R Stainless 5R 1/11 Twist 6.8 SPC II Barrel with an X-Calliber Brake
VLTOR MUR Upper
Geissele Nitride Gas Block
WMD Nitromet Mid Length Gas tube
BCM Bolt Carrier
BCM Lower
LWRC 6.8 SPC Enhanced Combat Bolt
Geissele MK2 MOD 1 Rail
Geissele SSA Trigger
Geissele Super Precision 30mm SOPMOD Mount
H2 Buffer
Sprinco Blue Spring
B5 Gunfighter Stock