6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, from north florida and i've always wanted an AR, and when the 6.8mm came out it was perfect for what i wanted in a round, all around shooting and hope to deer hunt with it. I've searched the net with no success for a problem with my rounds not firing and having a small dimple in the primer, came here and found a possible solution , firing pin, hope that's it. Just got to shoot some long distance and i have a cheap halo graphic sight and hit a metal 12"x8" chicken at 230 yards,3 out of 4 shots, i was impressed not only with the accuracy, but myself also.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
armedic67 said:
hello everyone, from north florida and i've always wanted an AR, and when the 6.8mm came out it was perfect for what i wanted in a round, all around shooting and hope to deer hunt with it. I've searched the net with no success for a problem with my rounds not firing and having a small dimple in the primer, came here and found a possible solution , firing pin, hope that's it. Just got to shoot some long distance and i have a cheap halo graphic sight and hit a metal 12"x8" chicken at 230 yards,3 out of 4 shots, i was impressed not only with the accuracy, but myself also.
Welcome board. That could be a bad firing pin, weak primer strikes due to a weak trgger, or an ammo/reloading issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, it has to be the firing pin or spring, it did it with hornady and remington ammo, hope to get a firing pin tomorrow and shoot it to make sure, don't want it to do this while I'm on the deer stand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts