6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself! :)
Rusty from Westlake, LA
I just made a purchase of an 6.8 SPC AR-15 that I will be picking up next week. I was browsing the web for information on my new purchase when I found this website. I did notice that almost everyone on this site says to stay away from model 1 sales uppers, I guess I should have looked into these uppers first but yep you guessed it that is what I purchased "Model1Sales standard, flat-top upper, 20" chrome lined 1:9.5 twist barrel". I will be using this rifle for hunting purposes and was wondering what would be a good yet safe round to use in this barrel?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Cajun Logic said:
Hey All

I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself! :)
Rusty from Westlake, LA
I just made a purchase of an 6.8 SPC AR-15 that I will be picking up next week. I was browsing the web for information on my new purchase when I found this website. I did notice that almost everyone on this site says to stay away from model 1 sales uppers, I guess I should have looked into these uppers first but yep you guessed it that is what I purchased "Model1Sales standard, flat-top upper, 20" chrome lined 1:9.5 twist barrel". I will be using this rifle for hunting purposes and was wondering what would be a good yet safe round to use in this barrel?
Welcome aboard Rusty. You can shoot everything from your barrel, except the SSA Combat Loads. If you reload, just stick to the recommended max loads and you will be fine.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
welcome aboard Rusty someone way more knowledgeable will come along and help you soon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts