6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new member here, long time brouser. Just wanted to introduce myself and my 6.8 spc II

12.5 6.8 12PT Noveske Stainless Barrel Carbine Gas system
Gen 3 Noveske Matched upper/Lower Set
9.15 NSR HandGuard
Gun Fighter charging handle
K2 Grip
ALG trigger ACT
Noveske Shortened Pistol Buffer System with shockwave blade bracer

I Had build a few 6.8's before this but wasnt as happy as i am with the 12.5 barrel. Had previously built 18" SPR and 13.7" Infidel with kx5. Over all the 12.5 is my favorite.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put it on paper last weekend. 3/4" groups at 100 yards with hornady 110 grain tap hpbt ammo. Shot better then the 18" barrel thats for sure.

Whats a good ammo for accuracy with the 6.8?

·
Registered
192 Posts
welcome aboard. What area of Oregon you from? I'm here in the Salem area.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Put it on paper last weekend. 3/4" groups at 100 yards with hornady 110 grain tap hpbt ammo. Shot better then the 18" barrel thats for sure.

Whats a good ammo for accuracy with the 6.8?
You just answered your own question. The Hornady Match 110HPBT factory load is usually recommended for accuracy testing I haven't tried any of the TAP ammo.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You just answered your own question. The Hornady Match 110HPBT factory load is usually recommended for accuracy testing I haven't tried any of the TAP ammo.
most of my experience with AR's is with 556. I've always had better luck with accuracy using open tip BT bullets. I do have some barns SSA 85grn TSX i wanna try this friday.

So if i wanna reach out to 300 yards what ammo would you recommend?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
most of my experience with AR's is with 556. I've always had better luck with accuracy using open tip BT bullets. I do have some barns SSA 85grn TSX i wanna try this friday.

So if i wanna reach out to 300 yards what ammo would you recommend?
Honestly the best thing to do is try a few and let your barrel decide what it likes best but like I said before the Hornady 110hpbt ammo is usually very accurate.
Seeing as your running such a short barrel the XM68GD ammo would be worth a look as well.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Welcome, sounds like you have a nice gun. Love it when we get more 6.8 owners.
Great cartridge for hunting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts