6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member over at arfcom for a few years now and thats how I found this site. I recently went to the Nation's Gun Show at Dulles Expo center and purchased all the parts to build a new lower; however, I've been stumped on what upper/caliber to make my new toy! I spent some time deciding and I'm going with 6.8. Now I just need to buy the upper! So thats why I'm here....

I bit about myself. I'm engaged to the most wonderful women ever! Were expecting our son later this month and I'm excited to be a dad. With a child on the way and the fact that were looking to buy a house soon, my fun money is a little lower then usual; but thats ok. :) I'll be back to buying stuff I don't need in no time. When I'm not spending time with my family or shooting, I enjoy the following: shooting photography, reading political books, watching political tv shows, and traveling.

Jeremy S.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Welcome aboard Jeremy. Congratulations on being engaged to the most beautiful "women" in the world. I prefer just one wife, but if it works for you, go for it. LOL. (Just busting on you for the misspelling). Also congrats on the baby. Just some advice, save your money until you have your baby as the money just seems to disappears very quickly.

As far as the upper, a Ko-Tonics, RRA, or Stag are very nice. The RRA and Stag are priced nicely.

Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the warm welcome; and yes, there's only one woman. She laughed when I told her my mistake.

Jeremy S.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Glad she has a sense of humor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JeremyAR-15 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome; and yes, there's only one woman. She laughed when I told her my mistake.

Jeremy S.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Welcome Jeremy!!

What part of N Va? I lived in Falls Church City for a long time and a few years ago moved outside Winchester. I end up in NVa every couple of weeks though.

Glad you found this site. Jump right in and make yourself at home..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Arlington; however, Louise and I are looking at housing in Alexandria, Falls Church, Fort Hunt, ect.

Jeremy

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well at least now you have some choices and not top dollar like it was 2 yrs ago. We sold at the right time. When we went to closing houses in our same price rage had dropped 100K on asking price. We moved out here which is in the sticks, 20 miles west from Winchester, which is the nearest town. Falls Church is really nice but the taxes are a killer. You can't beat it for access. You are within 1-2 miles of 2 metro lines and 66, 495, 50 and the Dulles toll road.

It was a major stress relief pill moving out here though. More then 4-5 cars at a traffic light constituents back up. When we first moved here my wife came home all pissed off and mortified. She said she didn't like it here as all the local drivers were given her the "bird" as she drove. I went out for a drive with her to see what was up. When she pointed it out I almost wrecked the car laughing. People were waving to her to say hi. They would lift either their hand or there pointer finger off the wheel to say hey. The only time someone you didn't know motioned with a hand in NVa was to convey hostilities. Thats what a life in the suburbs and city get you, poor girl. Needless to say after she got over the embarrassment she now thinks this is a great place to be with very friendly folks. She still hasn't quite got use to the odd black bear in out back in the morning ever so often but I'll make a country girl out of her yet. I wish you could have seen the expression she had when I brought her in a chicken to cook with all the feather still on it missing a head. That was some funny stuff watching her figure that out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts