6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,

Just joined after getting excited about buying a 6.8 upper for hog and deer hunting. I'm interested in putting together a semiauto hog stalking rifle that is relatively light and mobile as compared to an Ar-10 style rifle, with more punch than a .223 and more quality bullet choices than an AK.
Currently looking at a White Oak Armmaments 16" upper to sit on a PSA lower with LaRue trigger. Also considering other calibers such as 6.5 G. Would enjoy hearing from anyone who cares to comment or advise. I would also be hand loading for the rifle so I'll read through that section of the forum as well.

My background is retired USAF, lifelong bird hunter, Tactical/F-Classs/3-Gun competitor, registered skeet and sporting clays competitor, and big game hunter for the past 25 years. Like you, I like to shoot!

The name Rob-San came from flying C-130s for two tours in the Pacific in the 80s. This year I plan to hunt hogs, deer and dove near Llano, TX, pheasants in North Dakota and elk in Colorado. Throw in some fly fishing in Montana and that'lol just about take care of the fall.

Here's wishing you all the best and safe hunting,

Rob-San

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
hello and welcome. i would advise the 6.8 but i'm biased as i have 6 of them. you might check some of the site sponsors for a good upper and a good deal as well

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
Welcome! I have two 6.8's, but I'm working on a 3rd. It's the only caliber I've used for deer hunting in 4 years. You can tell by my username that I'm a convert.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts