6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My name is Eduardo and I'm from Brazil. I joined the practical shooting last year, but unfortunately the laws of my country are absurdly restrictive and the shooters face many difficulties to get access to any equipment associated with this sport. Anyway, we have many shooters here, even with so many barriers.

I hope to learn with the forum members.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Welcome

Hi guys,

My name is Eduardo and I'm from Brazil. I joined the practical shooting last year, but unfortunately the laws of my country are absurdly restrictive and the shooters face many difficulties to get access to any equipment associated with this sport. Anyway, we have many shooters here, even with so many barriers.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi guys,

Bom dia e bem-vindo!

Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Hi guys,

Hi Eduardo,

Are you sure you are not in California or New york City? lol

nice to see we have more members from down south.

Bemvindo a esta doidicie !!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome to the group!

I spent some time in Sorocaba with an old job years ago and enjoyed it there.

Lots of good people here, enjoy!

·
Administrator
22,080 Posts
Welcome. Always nice to hear stories from people in other parts of the world.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Welcome, hope you find all you're looking for here on 68forums. i've always wanted to travel to Manaus. :)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Bem-vindo ao fórum:D

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Where in Brasil are you from? I have family in Sao Paulo, Santos, Tatui and throughout the region and the gun laws are what keep me from moving there. And no fala Portuguese.
Welcome

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Wow! What super nice reception! Some even wrote in Portuguese. Muito obrigado! Thank you very much!

I live in northeastern Brazil, in a town called Joao Pessoa, but I work remotely for a company of Rio de Janeiro. I am a fanatic fan of Corinthians, a soccer club, so I often go to Sao Paulo to watch matches there.

In US I have an aunt who lives in Florida, in a town near Miami. I haven't had the opportunity to visit your country. Maybe one day? :)

Here we have a law known as the law of disarmament. Please my friends, never let your politicians do it in your country! The citizens only has access to weapons with caliber like .38 Super and .380 ACP. We need to go through a huge bureaucracy to get a possession permit. This authorization allows us to have the weapons inside our residence. Can we carry the gun? Never! Can we transport disassembled and without ammo in our car for the stand? Only once a year, with a specific authorization.

Shooters need authorization from the Brazilian army to be able to purchase restricted caliber weapons and to get a permit to carry weapons disassembled and without ammo to the stand. I am four months ago waiting for a request response I made there. I know cases of friends who have waited more than a year to receive a negative response. It's frustrating! Here only shoots who likes a lot. Who is just curious to know the sport gives up quickly.

Some photos of Joao Pessoa:

Metropolitan area City Urban area Cityscape Skyline

Bird's-eye view Aerial photography Technology Artificial island Land lot

Metropolitan area City Urban area Cityscape Nature

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Welcome aboard!
I hope one day you will be able to own/shoot a 6.8. The pictures are beautiful!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum, out of all of the places I've been to and worked at in Brazil my favorite so far has been a little town called Vazante near Pato da Minas.
It was a whole different atmosphere not tainted by tourism like Rio or Angra dos Reis.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Welcome to the forum, out of all of the places I've been to and worked at in Brazil my favorite so far has been a little town called Vazante near Pato da Minas.
It was a whole different atmosphere not tainted by tourism like Rio or Angra dos Reis.
Did you go to Buzios, north of Rio?
Amazing place.
some Dutch folks moved there and never came back. Early settlers
Oh and the women! Mang!!!
Brazilians are awesome.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Did you go to Buzios, north of Rio?
Amazing place.
some Dutch folks moved there and never came back. Early settlers
Oh and the women! Mang!!!
Brazilians are awesome.
Never been there, I pretty much just went were I was told.
I have a good friend that lives in Soa Paulo but I prefer the smaller places not touched by tourism, the people just seem more genuin but it's the same anywhere in the world like that.
I spent three months in Vazante a few years ago on a job and Xmas day of course everything was shut down so we went and explored a big cave system and then went for a swim in a mountain stream with one of the guys we were working with that had access to the property near by.
Wasn't as good as being at home with my family but felt very much at home with the people I met there and had some good adventures and memories from the trip.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Wow! What super nice reception! Some even wrote in Portuguese. Muito obrigado! Thank you very much!

I live in northeastern Brazil, in a town called Joao Pessoa, but I work remotely for a company of Rio de Janeiro. I am a fanatic fan of Corinthians, a soccer club, so I often go to Sao Paulo to watch matches there.

In US I have an aunt who lives in Florida, in a town near Miami. I haven't had the opportunity to visit your country. Maybe one day? :)

Here we have a law known as the law of disarmament. Please my friends, never let your politicians do it in your country! The citizens only has access to weapons with caliber like .38 Super and .380 ACP. We need to go through a huge bureaucracy to get a possession permit. This authorization allows us to have the weapons inside our residence. Can we carry the gun? Never! Can we transport disassembled and without ammo in our car for the stand? Only once a year, with a specific authorization.

Shooters need authorization from the Brazilian army to be able to purchase restricted caliber weapons and to get a permit to carry weapons disassembled and without ammo to the stand. I am four months ago waiting for a request response I made there. I know cases of friends who have waited more than a year to receive a negative response. It's frustrating! Here only shoots who likes a lot. Who is just curious to know the sport gives up quickly.

Some photos of Joao Pessoa:

View attachment 14404

View attachment 14405

View attachment 14406
welcome aboard.
you mean football right? I thought Americans where only ones who called it soccer, lol.

·
Registered
690 Posts
i'd just like to add, that if you ever make it to the states and have time and are in the Kansas City area i'd be glad to pick you up at the airport and take you to my farm and let you shoot the 6.8's i have. as well as anything else i own. You have an open invitation just give me some notice so i can arrange things.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts