6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Im a newb here Baton Rouge, La that has been reading and gathering information on the 6.8 for almost a year. I currently own an Bushmaster Carbon 15 that im looking to do a little modding to. Further down the road I would like to have 2 complete AR's, but until then Im just gonna build a complete upper. Ive thrown together a short parts list that I believe should work out. Im not trying to spend a fortune on this build. But on the same hand I still want it to be accurate enough to hunt with. All comments and/or suggestions are appreciated.

16" barrel with 6.8 bolt (will 6.8 bolt work in standard 5.56 carrier?)
Still undecided on barrel maker/material....suggestion?
YHM Midlength Light Weight FF 4 Rail handguard $130
YHM Flip front sight/gas block $91
YHM Flip Rear sight $91
Mid length gas tube $15
Flash suppressor $50-$100
Flattop upper recievier $110

I will also be doing the assembly myself so I assume I will have to get the proper barrel wrench and receiver vice tools.
Am I on the right track?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
zorg said:
Hey guys! Im a newb here Baton Rouge, La that has been reading and gathering information on the 6.8 for almost a year. I currently own an Bushmaster Carbon 15 that im looking to do a little modding to. Further down the road I would like to have 2 complete AR's, but until then Im just gonna build a complete upper. Ive thrown together a short parts list that I believe should work out. Im not trying to spend a fortune on this build. But on the same hand I still want it to be accurate enough to hunt with. All comments and/or suggestions are appreciated.

16" barrel with 6.8 bolt (will 6.8 bolt work in standard 5.56 carrier?). Yes, the 556 Bolt Carrier will work.
Still undecided on barrel maker/material....suggestion? A WOA or Dennys.
YHM Midlength Light Weight FF 4 Rail handguard $130
YHM Flip front sight/gas block $91
YHM Flip Rear sight $91
Mid length gas tube $15
Flash suppressor $50-$100
Flattop upper recievier $110

I will also be doing the assembly myself so I assume I will have to get the proper barrel wrench and receiver vice tools.
Am I on the right track? That is correct. Bushmaster sells a nice starters kit.
Welcome aboard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts