6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum but have been shooting the 6.8 for two years now. I own a LWRC 16" and a Ko-Tonics 16". Both are mounted on Stag lowers.

I'm not sure if we are supposed to give any bio but I'll give the basics. I spent six years in the Marines as a rifleman (0311) and Embassy Guard (MSG). I am now a Police Officer with nine years experience to include eight on SWAT.

I am an avid firearms guy and love to shoot and reload, been reloading the 6.8 for two years, and have almost totally switched over to the 6.8. If you want to know why I went with the 6.8.....Doc. Roberts' research was a big part of that, and my own shooting experience with the caliber. In my opinion this caliber is the best of its kind for the application.

I'm looking forward to exchanges of information.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
RC,

Welcome!

DocGKR posts here and so does Tim of Ko-Tonics so its nice to see you were influenced by them.

Post any questions or info you gain as a result of your shooting the 6.8!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been following this cartridge since 2003-2004 and picked up a lot of info from Zak Smith and other arcticles. It took a lot of patience waiting for this round to come together enough to buy one....or two....or three! I've been shooting and reloading for the 6.8 since 2005 but I'm a computer retard so it took me a few years to jump onto web sites like this. Anyway, in addition to the LWRC and Ko-tonics guns I've also got another LWRC upper coming in 6.8 with a 14.5 inch barrel. I'll post when I receive it and after I've got it all dressed up and some rounds downrange. Looking forward to chronographing it against the 16 inchers.

Anyway, I started following Doc's info when I went on the long trek of getting the 6.8 approved for use in my department. I needed terminal ballistics, bullet performance, and penetration to prove this round would work well as a law enforcement tool with no liability past that of 5.56 carbines. I always knew this round was a winner but after seeing the info from Doc I was really convinced. My own testing didn't hurt either.

I'll post some info in the reloading section in a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts