6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes a lurker and joined to learn all I can about 6.8 and building one. Live in Oklahoma.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'd suggest stating your goals in the build, it would help contributors to tailor their advice to be the most useful to you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome Rawhide. There is a really good group of folks here & an incredible knowledge base among them. What type of rig are you wanting to build? Do you have any parts yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have plenty of lower and upper receivers and parts to go with them. Looking into something different that would be primarily a hog and predator gun. I'll be looking for barrel, bcg, hand guard, mags, and in this era, ammo. Looking forward to learning what I can.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I started off just wanting the 6.8 for Deer and Hogs hunting out of state. Later on saw the advantages of a 6mm Wildcat the TAC6 for Varmints and Speedgoats. Shots are a little longer in the Rocky Mt Region so longer barrels are in order to get as much velocity as we can. We went 20" in the 6.8 and 22" in the 6mm. We chose well.

All of our barrels are AR15 Performance (ARP). Their barrels have an improved SPC ll chamber that seems to be performing very well for many here. ARP is a Vendor on the forum, Harrison is the owner and goes by the handle 'Constructor'. You will find his advice about anything AR invaluable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts