6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to the 6.8 game here, wonderful website, I already see a lot of familiar names on here as it is. I hope to be joining your ranks pretty soon with the addition of a new barrel and bolt to one of my AR's. Hope to get a lot of posative shooting experience out of this. Here is the rifle I will be converting over, it is one I built up a few years ago and shoots about 1/2 MOA if the gods are all smiling down on you right that day.

I hope to gain some great knowledeg off of this site to help me with my load data as well as I have NO CLUE about he 6.8 at all. I plan on stretching this rifle out as far in distance as I can for target shooting and hunting large game and small game with it alike.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Nice Stick,

As far as reaching out, the 6.8 will do 500 yards and can maintain MOA accuracy so long as you do your part and tailor loads to the gun (you know this Im sure). As far as knowledge theres all sorts of people on here, starting with Doc Roberts, Art at Silver State Armory, Ko-tonics, Constructor (AR15performance.com), Talon Arms, Grant of G&R Tactical, and the list goes on...

Ask away, theres plenty of people here to help, and welcome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am getting 500 out of my setup now. As I said before I know NOTHING of the 6.8 but hopefully I can stretch it a bit further than that :D Biggest thing for me on it tho is the larger caliber setup.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Hey DM, I have a Ko-Tonics 20" upper that I can shoot 10 rounds in under 1" with a 6x scope using handloads. Are you absolutely set on the 20" or would an 18" be OK. I would look into the 18" Ko-Tonics if you want a chrome lined barrel or have Constructor form AR Performance build you what you want. I don't know if Ko-Tonics has any more 20" barrels in stock and he said he was not going to be making any more.

Here are some pictures of my 20" Ko-Tonics.

Before:

Now:

Here are the groups I usually get:

For a Chrome lined barrl and a 6x scope, I'm more than happy with it. As long as I can get under 1.5MOA, I'm happy.

By the way, how do you like the Accu-Shot Mono-pod? I've had the Quick Knob for a while now and I'm going to really test it out tomorrow and see how it does.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I have not answered you sooner but that accushot monopod is wonderful. I use it at the range mostly as I shoot off of a modified tripod in the field but I really like it a lot.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
DM1975 said:
Sorry I have not answered you sooner but that accushot monopod is wonderful. I use it at the range mostly as I shoot off of a modified tripod in the field but I really like it a lot.
Cool. Good luck with the 6.8SPC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts